• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
alaqua has tons of kittens that could use a loving home.

$100 for an animal that has been checked by a vet, vaccinated, and spayed/neutered doesn't seem expensive to me.

Doesn't it cost you more than $100 to have a vet spay one? :dunno:

Jychf

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2008
SRB
Thanks for the opinion.

$100 for an animal that has been checked by a vet, vaccinated, and spayed/neutered doesn't seem expensive to me.

Lake Eastern

Beach Lover
Dec 17, 2005
Walton County
They had a little kitten at the Freeport Animal Clinic today. They work hard to find homes for abandoned or unwanted animals. Don't think there is a fee. Phone 835-1500 if you are still looking.

My daughter was recently duped by someone giving away free kittens, turns out she was just trying to dump the kittens off on anyone and when she got my daughter to hold them, she took off. My daughter is 10 and she had actually called and asked if she could get a kitty and naturally being dad, I said yes to her. She asked for two but we don't have room for two cats in the family and now I know why. The woman told her that she couldn't have one without the other then dumped them on her and took off before anyone knew what was going on.....sadly, the kittens went back to the lady (someone knew her that was there) and long story short, my daughter has been crying for hours now. So, here I am looking for a kitten for her, preferrably a gray striped one like the one she almost got!! So please, if you know of anyone who's giving away kittens please let me know or have them pm me here. I can't really afford the adoption fees at the shelters right now, that's why I'm looking around for the free one.......Thanks in advance.:cuss:

Jychf

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2008
SRB
Thanks, I'll give them a call..

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc

scooterbug, everyone's situation and pocketbook is different.

Selkie

Beach Comber
May 2, 2010
Miramar Beach
Last week they had grey stripped kittens at Petsmart across from Destin Commons. Adoption fees were around 100$ though..

My 4yr old daughter adored them and the kittens were very friendly. We would have gotten one ..but my daughter has not quite got the concept of being gentle with little animals ...yet....close, but just not there right now. Maybe Santa will bring her one this year ;)

mi6491

Beach Comber
Sep 27, 2009
It costs 94 dollars to get your animal spayed at the Freeport Clinic. Not to mention the fees for deworming, rabies vac, feline leukemia tests and vac, etc. It adds up. If you can't afford a kitten, a free kitten would most likely be costing you more. Alaqua is basically giving their babies away. A small rehoming fee of $55.... Includes vacs and spay/neuter.

Jychf

Beach Lover
Jan 10, 2008
SRB
It costs 94 dollars to get your animal spayed at the Freeport Clinic. Not to mention the fees for deworming, rabies vac, feline leukemia tests and vac, etc. It adds up. If you can't afford a kitten, a free kitten would most likely be costing you more. Alaqua is basically giving their babies away. A small rehoming fee of $55.... Includes vacs and spay/neuter.

Now that's useful information!! And if I can get a kitten from Alaqua for just $55 I'm going to do it. I will call them right now, Thanks
:clap: