• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
All of our expensive down pilows have gotten flat as a pancake. I want some queen-sized down pillows that are fluffy yet firm, with no crunchy noises from too much feather and not enough down. We used to like the Charter Club ones from Rich's (which became Macy's :pissed: but that's another story from me as an Atlanta native), but the newer versions get flat as a pancake pretty quickly. Macy's has a two-for-one sale right now, but none of the ones on the website stand out to me.

Any pillow suggestions? It's gotten to the point where I can't sleep because the pillows are so bad.

Company store

Down Pillows: All Sizes & Firmness | The Company Store

I don't sleep on down pillows, but Scooterbro, the Scooterhounds, and I have been performing extreme product testing on their down comforters for decades. They will withstand being yanked off a bed w/ a human or large dog on top, being dragged down the hall, and down a full flight of stairs!
LOL.

But which pillows are the best? :dunno:

None of our renters have stolen our Charter Club Vail comforters. But we started missing some $150 pillows, so we put the rest of them in the owners closet and bought polyester ones for renters. We've been swapping out the nice ones in the owners closet with the ones in GA. They're all getting flat. But I just don't have time to shop. The only place to buy pillows where we live is WalMart. Argh!

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Do you wash your down pillows? I wash mine a couple of times a year. In a front loader, just a tiny tad of soap, and then dry them thoroughly with tennis balls in the dryer. The tennis balls are the key. They fluff back up for another half a year, or more. I've had my pillows for so long now, I've forgotten where I bought them.

Do you wash your down pillows? I wash mine a couple of times a year. In a front loader, just a tiny tad of soap, and then dry them thoroughly with tennis balls in the dryer. The tennis balls are the key. They fluff back up for another half a year, or more. I've had my pillows for so long now, I've forgotten where I bought them.
Never heard of that trick. Damn. I just gave all of our tennis balls and tennis rackets to Goodwill. Will buy some balls and try it.

Aleigh

Beach Lover
I was just in Tuesday Morning down in Miramar last week... They have down pillow there only $13-21 ea great value.. not crunch... PS love the tennis ball theory! I've been using gym shoes wrapped in a pillow case... what a "thud" they make in the dryer... Gonna test out the tennis ball method. Aleigh Hmmm let's see.. where can I get some "cheap" tennis balls? Sharon? Not Dead Yet? lolz hello uhhh hee hee hee

At that price I'll try them. The expensive ones are definitely not working. Note to self: Remember when hubby was looking for a manufacturing site in Mexico. He visited a site that made khaki pants. They'd put a Ralph Lauren label on some and a WalMart label on the next. Same pants. Price does not necessarily mean better.:blush: