• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Wekick

Beach Comber
Jan 1, 2005
In this tight economy frequently restaurants get one chance to make someone a loyal customer. It is all about the customer. I have seen places w/great food forget that the reason they are in business is the CUSTOMER! You certainly have the right to run the business the way you want to but you do want people to spend their money at your place right? An excellent book-

Setting the Table: The Transforming Power of Hospitality in Business by Danny Meyer

Last edited:
All I have to say is Barefoot BBQ is utterly fantastic both food and service wise. Some people just have a hard time accepting "no" as an answer and need to deal with it. Being a customer does not give one power to dictate policies and procedures to a business. It does give you the power not to spend your money at a business, but I can honestly say that there can be customers a business can be better without.

Wekick

Beach Comber
Jan 1, 2005
All I have to say is Barefoot BBQ is utterly fantastic both food and service wise. Some people just have a hard time accepting "no" as an answer and need to deal with it. Being a customer does not give one power to dictate policies and procedures to a business. It does give you the power not to spend your money at a business, but I can honestly say that there can be customers a business can be better without.

If that is the case, then they have no worries. People like to spend their money where they feel like a valued customer. I've just seen so many places fail because they run the place to accommodate their own ideas without consideration as to what will make the customer come back. The soup nazi got away with it but most won't. Just for perspective, we have been in a service business for 35 years and owned our own business for 12 years. We value every customer even initially difficult ones. They are some of our most loyal.

Geo

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Murph et al:

I would like to commend you on the manner in which you responded to the sentiments expressed in this thread. I am a firm believer that if a business owner/manager handles customer issues (concerns/complaints) properly that they can come out shining even brighter than if the issues were never publicly shared in the first place.

In other words, in the world of customer service with every problem comes a wonderful opportunity.

Kudos!

Barefoot BBQ Fan- Geo

Koa

Beach Fanatic
Jul 17, 2010
I like Barefoot BBQ just the way it is. Love the pork sliders, and the crew running that show is always supercool.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
Iris,

I can say as a former employee, current customer and friend of the Murphy's that no other owner/operator does a better job at doing a great job with their restaurant. As Jenny said, Murphy works nearly night and day at his craft. He glady gives tours, samples and long stories about their place because he is truely involved and proud of the place. Infact, it is one of the very few places on 30A where the owner us involved with the preparation and serving of the good. The only other two I know for sure is Jeff at Bruno's and Paul at the Grayton General Store Deli. I know there are others but these are my favorites.

Back to the point. BF has a large and varied menu and had you asked, you would have been given samples of ANYTHING you wanted. It is true that they probably could have given you three separate flavored sliders but I think you would have been happier with the way they are normally prepared.

Bottom line, I think you allowed a little thing rob you of a great meal. Time and again, I have heard day that BF is some of the best BBQ they've ever eaten and quite a few of those people were BBQ restaurant owners in other cities.

I suggest you go back, decide which BBQ you want ( I suggest the brisket ) and enjoy a great meal. You won't be disappointed.

dittos.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
While in Atlanta this weekend, I wanted all beef piroshkis at Nikolai's Roof. They only offered a medley......Pintade, Beef and Rock Shrimp. What's the world coming to? Think it might be me! Remember that old song...by the Rolling Stones, "You Can't Always Get What You Want". I am going to sing it for a week and when I get back to SOWAL I will try the sliders! Yes, I had to look up, Pintade, it is a guinea with head and feet attached. Those pork sliders are looking really good.

Koa

Beach Fanatic
Jul 17, 2010
Thankfully, we have choices, and not all restaurants are the same. Some have slider medleys and some don't. Go get some pork sliders. They are good.