• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

auroracoral

Beach Comber
Aug 13, 2010
i havent had a haircut in over a year i think and my hair is super long and thick and wavy underneath. i need a reccomendation on a hairdresser in the area that can deal with these serious tresses. lol. i want to cut a decent amount because its hottt. but am nervous to go anywhere because i have had some interesting haircuts (accidental mullets oh yea). i live in grayton area. any suggestions would be awesome!! in need of some style. thanks :)

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Brittany at Fusion in Grand Boulevard is fantastic.

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
Gina at Salon Twist is the local master. I have really thick hair and she knows how to thin it so well, a haircut holds up for longer than any other. It gets better for weeks!

Kelly at the Aveda salon in Rosemary Beach is also great.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Fusion at Grand Blvd is an Aveda Salon, offering hair and spa services. Its really nice. We like Jennifer.

I've heard good things lately about David Morgan Salon in Miramar Beach.

imo, you gotta go out and try some stylists, find one you like, and stick with him/her so they can get to know you and your hair well enough to do the best job for you!

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Hair

I moved here and two people recommended Mandy at Head To Toe in Grayton. North side of 30A by Hurricane's Oyster Bar. First try on my hair and she did great, She is on maternity leave, but the other girls there appear to be just as good. Tell them you need someone that is good with thick hair.