• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

dawg09

Beach Comber
Jun 11, 2006
Any of you who own or live in WaterSound Beach have any insight into the new Amenity Fee? Specifically, it's a fee on those who rent. I'm trying to understand what the justification is behind such a fee. I'm awaiting response from the HOA.

I've read through some of the meeting minutes but, cannot find the justification.

Thanks in advance.

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
If it's a situation parallel to that which evolved at WaterColor, it's an effort by St. Joe & Noble House to strongarm those owners, who wish to rent, into renting through their management company instead of anyone else's.

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
how much is the new fee? in many ways i can agree with the fee as renters are much much harder on the amenities than owners.

dawg09

Beach Comber
Jun 11, 2006
Passin Thru - Plausible argument. I didn't think about that but, and I don't know all details of the fee yet, will they give those who rent thru SJ/Noble a break on the fee/tax. Good point though that I'll explore.

Ray - The fee is $500 per year. Renters already have to pay for bikes, beach chairs, etc. The WS Beach Club already has it's own fee structure. Everything except a community pool/bathroom cost extra now ... what and how is it that renters are "harder on"?

gmarc

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2009
dawg i guess what i meant is an owned non rented place will use the facilities much less thus not near as much wear and tear. watersound is a bit different but in many neighbrohoods with less security and watching eyes renters are hard on unguarded pools,tennis courts,workout areas and general areas.i can also see your pt on view as you already pay huge dues

Koa

Beach Fanatic
Jul 17, 2010
That is not the case, bluecat. We love renters. St Joe/NobleHouse wants more rental business in their own developments, and this is their way of discouraging VRBO and other management companies from having rentals in "their" territory.

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
That is not the case, bluecat. We love renters. St Joe/NobleHouse wants more rental business in their own developments, and this is their way of discouraging VRBO and other management companies from having rentals in "their" territory.

This is a rational, business decision. The amenities affected are those that use Joe/Nobel House employees and are not owned by the HOA. The employees, maintenance, etc are expenses supported by the rental fees charged to guests staying through the resort. If you choose to rent your place through other channels then either your guests can't use certain amenities or you pay a fee. I think this is only fair. The increasing popularity of Watercolor, etc has put additional stresses on these facilities which need to be supported. No free rides anymore.

Last edited: