• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
My daughter-in-law asked me what I had done to my eyebrows years ago, she noticed a thin bald looking spot in one of them and thought I had tried to shave them, why would I want to do that? I told her I never have done that and I haven't. Wonder if you get sore throats with thyroid problems? I sure have plenty of them.

I got the worst one of my life a few weeks before they tested me although other symptoms had been happening for a few years. I've read that many Hashi pts. have them when their body is attacking their thyroid.

Beach Boy

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
A few years ago I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism - took Tapazole - then it switched to hypothyroidism = endo. doc. now says levels are normal. They were considering removal of the thyroid or the radioactive stuff when it was hyPER, but nothing done. I have gained so much weight around my middle. My mom was on Armour for most of her adult life. Doctors seem to vary widely about treatment and causes of thyroid disorders.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
I got the worst one of my life a few weeks before they tested me although other symptoms had been happening for a few years. I've read that many Hashi pts. have them when their body is attacking their thyroid.

I was on the second round of a antibiotic while at the beach, had already taken one round for 10 days with no effect, I had a huge abscess looking place on one tonsil where I kept having white spots showing up on it radiating from one spot to another, that spot was back last night. Everytime I have a sore throat bad enough that spot comes up. Never had it move from one spot to another though. Would hate to think that is the cause of all of my sinus/sore throat issues.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
I was on the second round of a antibiotic while at the beach, had already taken one round for 10 days with no effect, I had a huge abscess looking place on one tonsil where I kept having white spots showing up on it radiating from one spot to another, that spot was back last night. Everytime I have a sore throat bad enough that spot comes up. Never had it move from one spot to another though. Would hate to think that is the cause of all of my sinus/sore throat issues.

I'm still experiencing my regular allergies and a little stuffy nose, but the face pain and the chills, and fatigue, that usually accompanied them are gone. I just don't think my sinuses were doing their job as everything was so slowed down. They are becoming more efficient and the sinus rinse that works for everyone, works for me now too. I have more productive sneezes and coughs. Just mho.

Dwight Williams

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
I'm still experiencing my regular allergies and a little stuffy nose, but the face pain and the chills, and fatigue, that usually accompanied them are gone. I just don't think my sinuses were doing their job as everything was so slowed down. They are becoming more efficient and the sinus rinse that works for everyone, works for me now too. I have more productive sneezes and coughs. Just mho.

Glad to hear things are improving.... Have you tried smoking some weed? I'm pretty sure it's supposed to clear up thyroid issues. Either that or glaucoma. I can't remember. But I'm pretty sure it's thyroid issues.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
Just went on FB and added myself. As for shedding, it takes a while. That is one way I know I am getting out of my range. I just mop the floor each day, but it will be thicker soon once you get regulated. My eyebrows... find a good liner. They never returned.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Just went on FB and added myself. As for shedding, it takes a while. That is one way I know I am getting out of my range. I just mop the floor each day, but it will be thicker soon once you get regulated. My eyebrows... find a good liner. They never returned.

The shedding is less today and I think you're right. If you have too much or too little, the shedding will increase. Thanks and thanks for joining the group. Feel free to post or start any discussion you like.:wave: Have you tried any type of hair vit. or the rogaine for women? I have eyeballed the box this week and then thought, nah, and put it back.