• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

AlphaCrab

Beach Fanatic
Sep 25, 2008
Inlet Beach
Locally--Who, or what company, does a good job at a fair price? I need a sofa slipcover with three seat cushions. I will supply fabric based on qty required by seamstress.

The best deal we've found is not locally, but through Mitchell Gold. They make the sofas for Crate & Barrel, Restoration Hardware, and others. Our daughter needs new slipcovers for her Crate & Barrel sofa (thanks to cat scratching :roll:). You can give Crate & Barrel the name of the sofa, and they can get the corresponding Mitchell Gold style number.

We haven't ordered them yet, so if any of you know how to get inexpensive slipcovers to fit Mitchell Gold sofas, please let me know.

deborsk

Beach Lover
Jul 10, 2005
Locally--Who, or what company, does a good job at a fair price? I need a sofa slipcover with three seat cushions. I will supply fabric based on qty required by seamstress.

Give Josephine Brewer a call--she does great work, is quick and relatively reasonable--she lives in the are and her number is 399-0037. Also, Norma Sears is great--she lives between Blue Mtn and Gulf Place-- 622-5622

ann hodnett

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2008
I have been making slipcovers for over ten years. I have samples of my work, pictures and references. At this time, I am several weeks out. Located at the very west end of P.C.B.. Also, do pillows, bedding, shower curtains, valances, roman shades and smaller upholstery projects. I will be at Seaside Yard Sale, Oct. 2.

Thanks,
Ann
850-249-5181

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
Shabby Slips in Rosemary has done a of lot of work for me. Great slipcovers made with heavy duty snaps instead of zippers or velcro. I love her and her work!

Thanks for the info, y'all. Never got around to replacing the slipcovers for our daughter and son-in-law.

I am not a cat person. If you have a cat, is it worth replacing the slipcovers? Won't the cat just keep doing it?

We are planning to build a smaller home at the beach and change the color scheme because we won't have renters any more. Yay! I want white. I will keep all of your recommendations in mind. Thanks.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
BR - I have a sofa and chair in pale grey with slipcovers, love them, and have no trouble keeping them clean. You just pop them in the wash periodically and you are good to go. Can't imagine trying to keep a light colored sofa clean otherwise.

BR - I have a sofa and chair in pale grey with slipcovers, love them, and have no trouble keeping them clean. You just pop them in the wash periodically and you are good to go. Can't imagine trying to keep a light colored sofa clean otherwise.
Do you use Clorox II or OxyClean on them? I was thinking that white would be better because I could use straight up Clorox on them.