• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
It was thoughtful, memorable, eclectic, and yes, rocking. In other words, it was Neil Young. And there was an unexpected bonus - Allen Toussaint opened.

And no, Neil did not play Southern Man.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
just get on 98 and go east. Turn right (south) on hwy 231 near the mall, and follow it as it turns into Harrison St, and go all the way to thru old downtown and civic center is on left next to the marina. There are scenic routes too, but that one is pretty easy.

Neil Young = Smiling JOe :shock:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Neil Young = Smiling JOe :shock:

:lol:

What a show. It was Neil, an old-timey piano, a real pump organ, a grand piano (warmed up by Toussaint- what a wonderful surprise), a killer collection of guitars, and an amp that made sounds that made me look for the other 5 guys hiding behind the curtains and playing along- hard to believe all that sound came from just Neil. He moved between the instruments, and mixed in some newer stuff. The voice is still strong and raw. Heavy on "After the Gold Rush".

We were 10th row and had a great view- have never been to the Civic Center and hope to see more shows there as it is a great venue- not too big and not too small!

Now I have to figure out how to see the Mobile or Pensacola shows! If you have tickets to those shows, you are super lucky, and if you don't I would make a a big effort to find some and go. We don't have legends like Neil Young come through here very often.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
For those who wandered around to the north side of the building, Neil's LincVolt was parked out there. It's a 1959 Lincoln convertible that he's had converted to bio-fueled turbine-electric power. Some of the folks there said they saw him cruising around PC in it earlier in the day.

http://www.lincvolt.com

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
I did finally see CSNY in Indy a few years ago - new Market Square Arena. Have seen every other combination since 1977 - my first and only time in Rupp Arena in Lexington. I had always wanted to see the Band and did see two of the guys here in Louisville with Paul Butterfield before CSN played.
Recently heard the Bellamy Bros. as I channeled surfed on the way to work. We've stayed in their place several times when visiting 30A. I'll have to get the CD out for the car. Ellen

passin thru

Beach Fanatic
Jun 12, 2007
:lol:

What a show. It was Neil, an old-timey piano, a real pump organ, a grand piano (warmed up by Toussaint- what a wonderful surprise), a killer collection of guitars, and an amp that made sounds that made me look for the other 5 guys hiding behind the curtains and playing along- hard to believe all that sound came from just Neil. He moved between the instruments, and mixed in some newer stuff. The voice is still strong and raw. Heavy on "After the Gold Rush".

We were 10th row and had a great view- have never been to the Civic Center and hope to see more shows there as it is a great venue- not too big and not too small!

Now I have to figure out how to see the Mobile or Pensacola shows! If you have tickets to those shows, you are super lucky, and if you don't I would make a a big effort to find some and go. We don't have legends like Neil Young come through here very often.

Good report, Jenny. Yes, it was a superb, special show. After nearly losing Neil a few years back, it's extra nice to see him up close & doing so, so well.

It was a great mix of old & new. His new acoustic/electric set-up for the tracks from the just-being-released album sounded superb ... an amazing bottom end from one plugged-in acoustic guitar & a couple small Fender amps (then through the PA of course).

And later, solo electric versions of "Cortez The Killer" & "Cinnamon Girl" were so full-sounding (and ROCKING) as to make one just silly with delight ... about 9,000,000 garage-band guitarists dream of coming up with just one chord progression half as good as the ones in those two tunes.

Do yourself a favor, people -- if you don't have 'em already, look for some tickets to the upcoming Biloxi, Mobile or Pensacola shows.