• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Some photos from whale watch 2010, Provincetown, Mass.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Those are gorgeous! My whale pictures always show the ripples in the water where the whale used to be. :roll:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I already swooned over on fb, but I just love this!! :clap:

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
that is just beyond words. I have got to go see these creatures. how many did you see? humpbacks are just outrageously extraordinary!

This year, I couldn't even count how many humpbacks there were. There was one pod of 6 alone. I have never seen that many together, usually just a Mother and calf. The picture of fins flopping around was a calf playing. They are very curious and will come up close to boats to check people out. The calf also breached practically on the boat. I have part of that on video, it was unexpected. It's truly an unforgettable experience and I never get bored with it. The Stellwagon Bank is nutrient rich and besides humpback whales, finbacks, Right whales and the smaller minke whales feed there as well. Everyone should go, even just once. I've heard there have been more and more whales than ever, so now is a good time to go. Plan for next year. Glad they haven't been affected by the economy. :lol:

If I can get the video pieced together, I will post it.

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
These are awesome!! When did you go? I wanted to do a whale watch this summer but didn't get to it.

I went last weekend. Thought of you on the way back. :wave:
They have a ferry now from Boston to P-Town. It's an hour and a half.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
This year, I couldn't even count how many humpbacks there were. There was one pod of 6 alone. I have never seen that many together, usually just a Mother and calf. The picture of fins flopping around was a calf playing. They are very curious and will come up close to boats to check people out. The calf also breached practically on the boat. I have part of that on video, it was unexpected. It's truly an unforgettable experience and I never get bored with it. The Stellwagon Bank is nutrient rich and besides humpback whales, finbacks, Right whales and the smaller minke whales feed there as well. Everyone should go, even just once. I've heard there have been more and more whales than ever, so now is a good time to go. Plan for next year. Glad they haven't been affected by the economy. :lol:

If I can get the video pieced together, I will post it.

The one time I went, I will never forget. It was one of the coolest things ever!! I remember lying on the deck of the boat to get better pics and my friends thought I'd fall in. I wouldn't have cared. Did you know they're identified by the markings on their flukes? I adopted a whale one time for several years. Sent $$ for him every year, but alas, he passed away. Never adopted another one. Dammit..I don't know why.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
The one time I went, I will never forget. It was one of the coolest things ever!! I remember lying on the deck of the boat to get better pics and my friends thought I'd fall in. I wouldn't have cared. Did you know they're identified by the markings on their flukes? I adopted a whale one time for several years. Sent $$ for him every year, but alas, he passed away. Never adopted another one. Dammit..I don't know why.

oh, you adopted a whale!?? what does the $$ do for the whale?