• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

The Lazy Dazy

Beach Crab
Sep 7, 2010
Can anyone advise me as to where to go "treasure hunting" while I'm in the area in October? I've been looking online for antique shops in the South Walton Beach area. I have seen "South Walton antique trail" along 30A referred to, but I can't seem to find specifics.

Since my style has been inspired by the sea, particularly the Florida Gulf, I'm especially interested in nautical items. Mostly, I'd just like to find a few places to explore while I'm there.

I'd appreciate any input from locals or others in the know. We will be staying in the Seacrest/Rosemary Beach area in mid October.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I would love to know this too - I seem to find about 95% overpriced crap and 5% interesting items.

So far the Seaside Yard Sale and Rosemary's West Indies Market have been my only consistent sources of interesting items.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I believe the trail was a loose association and I haven't seen it advertised much lately. Shops move around quite a bit and I would love it if folks would post what they know here so we can catch up.

brim

Beach Comber
Apr 24, 2010
Can anyone advise me as to where to go "treasure hunting" while I'm in the area in October? I've been looking online for antique shops in the South Walton Beach area. I have seen "South Walton antique trail" along 30A referred to, but I can't seem to find specifics.

Since my style has been inspired by the sea, particularly the Florida Gulf, I'm especially interested in nautical items. Mostly, I'd just like to find a few places to explore while I'm there.

I'd appreciate any input from locals or others in the know. We will be staying in the Seacrest/Rosemary Beach area in mid October.

I like....Haven House, Goodwill, Caring & Sharing, & Scavengers all on 98...go up 331 and there is a restore place as well as many eclectic places (I am not sure of their names...sorry) to visit & buy! I am a new transpant here and have bought all my furnishing and decortations from these LOCAL establishments...and will continue to !!!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove

If nautical items float you boat, you simply must check out Fernleigh's (I think that is the correct spelling) on HWY 98 in Panama City Beach. Look for them on the south side of HWY 98 about 5 miles or so west of Inlet Beach. They have all kinds of maritime and beach relics.

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
If you don't mind heading weston 30A to 98 West past Silver Sands outlet you will find a great place called Bienvenue. It is my favorite place there for antiques/collectibles. Then a little further west you will find Smith Antiques (which is great the first or second time but never changes a lot). I can't think of the corner of 98 they are on but a little further down that road is Antiques on Holiday which is a lot of fun too. None of these are specifically nautical but you may find some treasures. I used to love Fernleigh when they were in Seaside. I have only been to the Seaside yard sale x 2 but I must say it was amazing!!!!!!!!!

Wekick

Beach Comber
Jan 1, 2005
Agree with middlesister. It seems that there are less and less places. There used to be several places in Panama City but not anymore. The name of the road, and I just noticed it this year, where Smith antiques and Antiques on Holiday is Holiday Rd.

The Lazy Dazy

Beach Crab
Sep 7, 2010
Thank you all for your input. I appreciate you taking the time to help out. It gives me something to go on, for sure. I won't want to spend a ton of time shopping. Since my time there is only a week, I'll want to enjoy the sights and sounds of the "beauty" I'm coming for, as much as possible.

sisters4

Beach Lover
Jul 19, 2005
Does anyone on here remember Gumby's on the Curve? I used to love going there. I think about it everytime I am in that spot on 30A.