• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
What is scary is that someone is walking around your house in the middle of the night and you did not hear it. It happened to me but they threw a chair through my window and grabbed a wallet on the kitchen counter. Please be careful. You may want to call the police and have them patrol your house.

There is a big enough time frame of uncertainty and I am a light enough sleeper that I am hoping it was a "daylight and no car in the driveway theft". Mama Scooterbug has me trained that you do not leave any valuables in plain sight because she fears the situation you describe. I have called the cops before and they are very nice and prefer to be proactive about "things that go bump in the night".

Hmmmm.....did you have any drunken friends about last night Scooterbug? I could see this being part of a prank with some of those miscreants you hang out with. I hope you get everything back okay!

Too lame to be a prank from one of my friends - they have style! Now, if the pots disappeared and were replaced with a toilet "planter", or a ransom thread appeared on Sowal THAT would be one of my friends! :lol:

The thieves will RUE THe DAY they messed with scooty!
Now that I have calmed down a bit and reviewed the practical (and potential legal) considerations, the 4 pronged instantaneous medieval whooparse of Operation Reap the Whirlwind has been rejected, but Operation Chive Citadel has begun in earnest! :ninja:

Shame, as I had a completely clear projectile field for the rotten egg and ink catapult and had already figured out how to squirrel proof it, but if I find a hand crank air raid siren at the Seaside Yard Sale it means that fates have decreed that I reinstate just that portion of the plan. :D

Scooty, were your pots and table in the back yard or were they visible from the road? If they were not visible for anyone to see, who knew they were there? I had a neighbor that could see my back yard from her 2nd story and she stole some pretty pots, which I could see on her porch from my 2nd story. I called the police, but I couldn't prove they were mine, ie: my name carved in them or some other personal identifying mark. So I got to enjoy my pretty pots in my neighbors back yard.

Yes, visible from the road. So far neighborhood recon has not yielded any results. Will be taking photos and marking the new "bait" pots so there can be a definitive identification made.

God help the person that messes with my basil.

Hells yeah! I didn't even make it through the story before Papa Scooterbug told me exactly where to get one of the components for my new plan. ;-)

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
I have a feeling this Caper is going to regret the thievery. :blink:

SDJ

Beach Crab
Oct 16, 2008
what neighborhood are you in?
that really stinks!
I always thought we had a very safe neighborhood. I leave my windows open (now that the weather is cool) and sometimes leave my doors unlocked. Do I really need to change my ways? Don't like that at all. Please let us know if it turns out to be some of your friends scooter. Very sad :dunno:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Go get 'em!!:clap:
Great find! Where did you get it?
Internet - it was on the site that sold the hand crank air raid sirens.
Pepper Spray Keychains For Sale | Pepper Spray with Keychain | Self Defense
Actually, this keychain size is a practical item for self defense - unlike the pepper spray grenade they claim will disperse a large crowd and cover 9300 cubic feet. :roll:

I always thought we had a very safe neighborhood. I leave my windows open (now that the weather is cool) and sometimes leave my doors unlocked. Do I really need to change my ways? Don't like that at all. Please let us know if it turns out to be some of your friends scooter. Very sad :dunno:
I have always been a strong proponent of locked doors and closed windows (if you are not home) even in "safe" areas - why make it easy?

Wasn't us, this is way too simple a prank. We'll keep an eye out though.
I know - you are so much more creative than that. (Though I checked the roof before pitching my fit just in case it was you messing with me).

do you keep a chainsaw handy?:wave:
No, I would injure myself with that AND you lose the element of surprise. Prefer a rusty pitchfork or a 4 wood. :D

Last edited: