• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Ok, we went to George's this week. We have been putting it off and putting it off. We're getting older and don't really like new things, however, believe that to stay young one needs to try new things so we decided to go down the road to George's.

The food was outstanding, the best we have had in a very, very long time along 30A or for that, in SOWAL. We had the coconut scallops and they were grilled to perfection. The grilled asparagas were a great surprise. Then there was the Lemongrass Curry Shrimp. It was to die for. Now, you need to like curry, because it is a curry dish and a bit spicy. The veggies in the broth were perfectly cooked.

George's was a bit crowded and it was the middle of the week and I see why. Ann, as in George and Ann, was the perfect hostess.

Can't wait to our next visit to George's.

scubadog

Beach Comber
Dec 7, 2009
Their lunch is incredible too. They have all these fabulous salads. You can pick 3 for a combo lunch. They have a great crab, avocado asian salad too!

Next you will have to try La Cocina George and Annie's Mexican restaurant in Seacrest. Ask for Hector in the dining room or Rhonda at the bar for a great experience.
Ronna

tsutcli

Beach Fanatic
Jan 14, 2008
Seacrest
OK...that's a new one to me. Where is George's? I'll have to try it in three weeks when I'm down again!
In Alys Beach. North side of 30a - look for the only non-white building. Used to be the old Sandor's Rest. bld. that was on 395 near Seagrove Mkt. ( another George/Ann enterprise ) that they moved to Alys.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Their lunch is incredible too. They have all these fabulous salads. You can pick 3 for a combo lunch. They have a great crab, avocado asian salad too!

Next you will have to try La Cocina George and Annie's Mexican restaurant in Seacrest. Ask for Hector in the dining room or Rhonda at the bar for a great experience.
Ronna

I forgot to add one little note about George's...For a really nice touch with the shrimp soup they give you this little dish for your shrimp tails, class, class, class.

And yes, we frequent La Cocina and love Hector. We do usually sit at the bar and really like Lisa. This past week we had Rhonda and you are correct she is great. La Cocina now has lunch specials for 6.95 served in the bar until 5PM and happy hour with half priced beer and drinks everyday they are open from 3PM until 5PM. Now that's a bargain.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I forgot to add one little note about George's...For a really nice touch with the shrimp soup they give you this little dish for your shrimp tails, class, class, class.

Did I read that correctly? You have to de-tail your SOUP? :eek:

IMO unless it's peel and eat shrimp or something similar NO TAILS!

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
Love their lunch especially the chicken wrap and definitely sit outside and enjoy the view.

Last edited:

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Did I read that correctly? You have to de-tail your SOUP? :eek:

IMO unless it's peel and eat shrimp or something similar NO TAILS!

I don't understand that either. I've had gumbos and soups before with "shrimp in tails" included: awkward. :blink: