• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Brianne

Beach Comber
Jul 17, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
New small business on 30a

You must try Blue Mountain Creamery, located at the corner of 30A and route 83. Absolutely wonderful HOME MADE sorbets and ice creams, along with a premium brand ice cream offering. The home made sorbets are made with fresh fruit and are so refreshing!

Great location for the beach goers at the end of the day! And how nice to be able to walk or bike down the road to get a tasty treat! You've got to try it!

Help support a small business on 30A!

Brianne

Beach Comber
Jul 17, 2009
Cincinnati, Ohio
I tried the ice cream last night and it was good. But i have to say i was shocked to pay $4 for a very small cup of ice cream.To be honest i almost walked out but the kids wanted ice cream. The large cup which wasn't even that big was $6. They had no cones either .Heck seaside ice cream shop is the same price with much more ice cream.As i said good product but pricing is way out of whack for blue mountain.

So what are the prices in Seaside? Is the product as good as Blue Mountain Creamery? Maybe cones are in the future....as long as Walton County does not shut down a small business.

Kayak Fish

Beach Lover
Jul 9, 2007
The ice cream at either place in Seaside blows compared to Blue Mountain creamery. It's not even close.

BMB_Creamery

Beach Crab
Oct 4, 2010
I tried the ice cream last night and it was good. But i have to say i was shocked to pay $4 for a very small cup of ice cream.To be honest i almost walked out but the kids wanted ice cream. The large cup which wasn't even that big was $6. They had no cones either .Heck seaside ice cream shop is the same price with much more ice cream.As i said good product but pricing is way out of whack for blue mountain.

That is a very common misperception regarding ice cream. After all if it looks bigger it must be....right? No, not necessarily. It all depends on amount of air that is incorporated into the finished product. The more air that is "folded" in during the freezing process the more volume of the ice cream takes up. Most commercial ice cream is upwards of 100% air. Therefore if you purchase 2 scoops you are actually paying for 1 scoop of air. You can really tell once you purchase the ice cream and it immediately begins to melt and collapse.
We at Blue Mountain use a very low over run technique (less air) and whenever possible we stay away from artificial dyes, flavor extracts and fillers all of which are inexpensive ways of "bulking up" ice cream and fooling the consumer. We make all of our yogurts, sorbets and ice creams in small "micro" batches so they are fresh every time.

As most of you all know we are a very new establishment. We love the feedback and appreciate all the local support. We have big plans for next summer and are using the off season to improve our shop and expand our line in order to fully satisfy our customers.

Coming soon.....waffle cones.

Thanks, Christine and Jed

BMB_Creamery

Beach Crab
Oct 4, 2010
We were within walking distance all week but never found them open. Any idea what the hours are?

We are fooling around with the hours for the offseason but at the moment we are closed mon/tue for production. open from noon till 8 on wed/thur/sun and noon till 9 on fri/sat.

thanks,
jed and christine

rblessed1031

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2008
Dune Allen
We were in yesterday and there were 3 people behind the counter (there were 6 of us and then two more groups of 2 walked in). Only 1 person was taking orders the other 2 were standing back talking. The one who was taking orders acted like we were inconveniencing him by ordering anything. He rolled his eyes several times and was not friendly at all. The portions did seem small, but it ended up being enough. If the service had been friendlier we would probably go back, but it is hard to go to a place that doesn't make you feel welcome. There are plenty of other options.