• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
With the chill in the air, I could not resist making a big pot of cabbage and sausage. If only I had some cornbread the trifecta of perfect would be complete. Chili is also another food that I get the urge to cook when the temps start to drop. What's your faves for fall ?:wave:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Sounds delish! Love cabbage!

I think it's about time for a big steamin' bowl of chili. :D

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
I make a spicy chicken stew when it gets cool outside, I'll have to post the recipe, it's good with crackers or cornbread!

Sounds yummy:clap: I just had a bowl of my cabbage and sausage. A good end to a long and stressful, but beautiful day. The only way it could have been better was if I could have eaten it while taking a bubble bath, but that would just be too complicated :lol:

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Aleo - you MUST make the cornbread!!! I made skillet cornbread last week to go with my bean soup. worth the extra effort. then I had cornbread and butter for breakfast for days.

GREAT thread. I was thinking of starting a thread about Fall colors for photos. But, food is much better. I'm ready for some pasta.

BBA - I definitely want that chicken stew recipe!

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
Beef Stew!!! With a plash of red wine in it. Cooking black eyed peas right now and it will be accompanied by collard greens sauteed in bacon and onions. Cornbread of course!!

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Coq au vin - aka Scooterbug family baked chicken w/ wine!

Makes the whole house smell good and is pretty hard to screw up!

Mama and Papa Scooterbug are both convinced their version is the best one, so kitchen squabbles and trash talking are common. :roll:

I make my version with yellow onion, creminis, and white wine.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Grave's chili (with Anderson modifications) definitely.

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
As I am reading this thread, I am eating my lunch. A big bowl of chilli with red and green peppers and onions that I made on Sunday while my wife was making Chicken Soup. What a combo!!

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic
Really good apples, super sharp Vermont cheddar, pecans, sliced sausage, grainy mustard from France, stone ground wheat crackers (when I allow the luxury of gluten) and a nice beverage...