• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Really good apples, super sharp Vermont cheddar, pecans, sliced sausage, grainy mustard from France, stone ground wheat crackers (when I allow the luxury of gluten) and a nice beverage...

When we were little, every fall we would go to an orchard, pick bushels of apples, and eat a picnic lunch of fresh apples, cheddar cheese, sausage, and crackers under the trees. :love:

zip3

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2010
Soup, soup, and more soup. Taco twist soup, vegetable soup, white chicken chili, broccoli cheese soup, chili, wedding soup, cauliflower soup, seafood gumbo, chicken sausage gumbo, chicken noodle soup, red beans and rice, black bean soup, split pea soup, mexican chicken soup, mother's New England Corn Chowder, and navy bean soup. I make 2 pots of soup a week .

Soup, soup, and more soup. Taco twist soup, vegetable soup, white chicken chili, broccoli cheese soup, chili, wedding soup, cauliflower soup, seafood gumbo, chicken sausage gumbo, chicken noodle soup, red beans and rice, black bean soup, split pea soup, mexican chicken soup, mother's New England Corn Chowder, and navy bean soup. I make 2 pots of soup a week .
Fresh caught black mullet,filleted and seasoned with creole cajun spice, smoked over mesquite wood.Home made cheese grits and home made cole slaw and cold Corona,followed by a good football game.Oh yeah,be sure to smoke the backbones as well.

Susan Horn

Beach Fanatic

Me too! I LOVE soup and so few restaurants offer fresh, well crafted or original soups. Cannot bear the glop that some places offer -- no wonder soup has a bad reputation if people think that sticky thick gooey "broccoli-cheese" gunk is soup. So. I make at least two pots of soup a week in cool weather.

Do you by chance have a thermal cooker? It's great for slow cooked soups. Basically it's a soup pot that fits inside a specially made insulator (a giant thermos to put your soup in). Great for slow cooked soups, also pot roasts and such. You get the soup started on the stove, bring to a good boil, then put it in the thermos part and it cooks delicately, slowly all day and your soup is beautiful and hot by lunch or suppertime. I haven't tried this yet but it would probably be a great way to do cabbage-potatoes-sausage all in one pot, then homemade sauerkraut on the side, oh yeah.

Also handy for hauling soup to pot lucks. You can put cold stuff in there too, like gazpacho or cucumber and buttermilk soup, or even a cold pasta salad...

CPort

Beach Fanatic
Feb 15, 2007
Clearbranch, Miss
\

i want some recipes! what is taco twist soup?