• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
I think I can understand why someone would be a registered member of one party but choose to run without a party affiliation. A small percentage of the salary of the position a candidate is seeking is paid to the Party by the candidate as part of the loyalty oath:

I am a member of the _______________________________ Party; I am not a registered member of any other
political party; I have not been a candidate for nomination for any other political party for a period of 6 months
preceding the general election for which I seek to qualify; and I have paid the assessment levied against me, if any,
as a candidate for said office by the executive committee of the political party, of which I am a member.

The money should be used by the party Executive Committee to support the candidate and help with the election. The party executive committee should have a Campaign Committee composed of State Committeepersons and the Chair, as well as appointees responsible for devising an election strategy and budget to implement a countywide campaign. If a Party executive committee doesn't have offices or a standing campaign committee capable of aiding a candidate, it seems prudent that the candidate not use precious campaign funds to pay the assessment to the Party.

As far as being able to vote for the best candidate, I agree that people should be free to speak their minds about candidates. Unfortunately, there are other loyalty oaths that may make that difficult for some people --

I, ___________________________________, having been duly sworn,
say, that I am a member of the _________ Party; that I am a qualified
elector of Walton County, Florida; that
during my term of office, I will not support the election of the opponent
of any _____________ Party nominee, I will not oppose the election of any
Party nominee, nor will I support any non _________ against a
_____________ in any election other than in judicial races; that I am
qualified under the Constitution and Laws of the State of Florida and
the Charter and Bylaws of the _____________ Party to hold the
office I am seeking, or to which I have been elected; that I have not
violated any of the laws of the State of Florida relating to election of the
Charter and Bylaws of the _______________ Party.

http://election.dos.state.fl.us/forms/index.shtml#polcom

This is why Republican committeemen and women have to support Rick Scott and Marco Rubio, and it's been used against people in other ways.http://www.tampabay.com/news/politics/stateroundup/florida-gop-invokes-loyalty-oath-forbidding-support-of-independent-charlie/1089570

With all that said, I am supporting Sara Comander for one simple reason -- every time that I have gotten deeply involved in an issue that came before the BCC -- from the Big Blue Signs to Dawn Moliterno's midnight appointment to be ED of the TDC -- Sara Comander has been the voice of reason, the person that would hold up the stack of emails she'd received on a subject, and demand that people be allowed to voice their concerns on an issue and be heard. In short, she truly represents the people who elected her and in that she is alone on the BCC. I cannot imagine not rewarding that kind of service with another term, regardless of whether I agree with her on big national issues (that don't come before the BCC) or not.

L

Lakelady

comander va kramer

So now we're supposed to believe that DK is doing this to give back to the community when how he presents himself at many meetings is clearly for his own self interest?

He wants to have a job if Amendment 4 passes

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
:lolabove:

Please go run DK's campaign.

Dawn Moliterno (sp?) brought in tons of outside advertising agencies for the chamber, she's taking that experience to the TDC.

The outside advertising agencies are specifically for the tourists. What I think we need is too help the other existing business not particularly related directly to tourists, ie, not on 30A, and to adjust our county codes to be more friendly to new businesses that could be encouraged to move to Walton County.

What does your Mother's body in the 80's have to do with Sara running for commissioner? Vote for the qualified candidate and leave the past in the past.

Sara and her husband owned Commander Funeral Home in DeFuniak for years. I knew her back then before they sold the business.

Elephant Child

Beach Lover
Aug 11, 2010
Campaign to Elect David Kramer[/QUOTE]

BEWARE of David Kramer. He is rude, and full of himself. He puts down people and acts like a know it all. He is not Commissioner material, ever watch him at a meeting? He stands up there and holds up the meeting by running his mouth and saying nothing. He thinks he is important, he likes to hear himself talk. We would all be sorry, very sorry to have this man on our Board. I am not one to get out there and do the campaign supporter type thing...but this guy makes me willing to volunteer. Assign me to a corner, give me a sign, and I'll stand there untill I can't stand there anymore to keep this guy out of Walton County Government.

Last edited:

Elephant Child

Beach Lover
Aug 11, 2010
[Does Mr. Kramer have any comment on why the Emerald Coast Association of Realtors endorses Mr. Kramer's opponent, Sara Comander, even though Mr Kramer is a real estate broker?[/QUOTE]

I can answer this one, as I have been subject to sitting through a few meetings with this jerk...he tries to hog the conversation, he likes the sounds of his own voice, he thinks he is more informed than anyone, he is very lacking in common "meeting" courtesy...he has no control over what comes out of his mouth...those fellow Realtors know him, and if he ever misses a meeting, probably do a happy dance so that they don't have to listen to him. What better judge of character than one's peers.

Elephant Child

Beach Lover
Aug 11, 2010
He is. Some need to check facts.

Reading Mr. Vest's comments...I think old Ronald is David's altered ego... he sounds too much like the David K I know... he needs to let his comments "stew" a little before typing them in...that way he MIGHT not sound so much like David.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
The outside advertising agencies are specifically for the tourists. What I think we need is too help the other existing business not particularly related directly to tourists, ie, not on 30A, and to adjust our county codes to be more friendly to new businesses that could be encouraged to move to Walton County.

That's not a job for the TDC, it is however a job for the Chamber of Commerce which in Walton County is a small agency dedicated to receiving membership dues and providing employment to a small group.

Sara and her husband owned Commander Funeral Home in DeFuniak for years. I knew her back then before they sold the business.

So answer the question, what does her ownership in a funeral home in the 80's have to do with the current election?

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
That's not a job for the TDC, it is however a job for the Chamber of Commerce which in Walton County is a small agency dedicated to receiving membership dues and providing employment to a small group.

Well then perhaps the Chamber needs to step up! Although, considering the record of Walton county concerning businesses closing and leaving the area, adjustments need to be made. Let's see, St. Joe laid off 750, the chicken plant in DFS closed and moved to Alabama, the beer distributer in DFS closed... not good. We now have an airport accessible, we could use the intercoastal to ship by barge... We need to assist existing business to not only survive, but expand, and make it attractive for new business to come in.

So answer the question, what does her ownership in a funeral home in the 80's have to do with the current election?

I really didn't want to get into details, but she was abrupt, basically a snob, difficult to get along with, and if you can imagine arguing over a corpse...

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Are you seriously suggesting people not vote for her because of a personal issue you had with her DECADES ago?