• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Just because he brings her home doesn't mean he has to marry her right away (or at all). Hope springs eternal that he opens his eyes/sobers up and realizes just what he is committing himself to. ;-)

And just because he brings her home doesn't mean she will be my best friend.

They can build it, but I won't shop there and I won't stop telling other people not to shop there either.

Koa

Beach Fanatic
Jul 17, 2010
Scooterbug, you tell us that you don't want to be preached at by religious people, but you don't mind preaching to others about their shopping choices. Why one, but not the other?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
My religious choices do not affect your life. Your shopping at Walmart dramatically affects me, my community, my country, and my planet.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I know I'll get flamed for this, but that's OK. I'm wearing my big boy britches.

The average Wal-mart Super Store employs about 425 people per store. Given Walton County hovering between a 7.5 - 9.0 unemployment rate (couldn't find a hard recent number) I would think that from that perspective it will be good for Sowal's economy and well being...

OK...lemme have it!

shellak

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
I know I'll get flamed for this, but that's OK. I'm wearing my big boy britches.

The average Wal-mart Super Store employs about 425 people per store. Given Walton County hovering between a 7.5 - 9.0 unemployment rate (couldn't find a hard recent number) I would think that from that perspective it will be good for Sowal's economy and well being...

OK...lemme have it!

i would like to know the average hourly wage for those 425 jobs. those workers will have a heck of a time finding affordable housing anywhere nearby despite the real estate bust. we already have walmarts in ft. walton beach, destin, defuniak springs and panama city beach...do we really need another one???? do we really have the year 'round population to support this box store? i'm sure walmart did some kind of study but i just don't understand the sense of putting in a 5th walmart in the area. if it fails, it will just be another empty box. i am glad it will not be a superstore but i really wish it would not be built. most people i know around here did not move to south walton for convenience..they moved here for the natural beauty.

LuciferSam

Banned
Apr 26, 2008
Sowal

OK...lemme have it!

I'll certainly buy more essential items within the county, and I'm sure it will save me a few dollars a week on gas. 78000 sq ft. is small too. It'l be nice to be able to run out and get something that I really need at 8:00 pm and be back home before 8:30. It could be anything. Just a leaky toilet valve that I want to fix right then and there. Maybe we'll eventually get a Home Depot or a Lowes too. Sam's Club would be awesome.