• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ddarnell

Beach Crab
Oct 6, 2010
We will be visiting the first week of November. Are there any SoWal restaurants which allow diners to bring their own wine - my brother hates to pay marked up prices at restaurants and will insist on eating at our rented cottage if we can't find an establishment which allows byob.

Thanks!

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I would recommend you go to Chan's in Watercolor - you can select your wine from the store (retail and lowest prices around by far) and pay a nominal cork fee to drink it there.

Wekick

Beach Comber
Jan 1, 2005
It seems you used to see a double, maybe triple mark up but we've been seeing triple and quadruple mark up as we traveled this summer. You add the tip to that and it is kind of ridiculous. The other thing we have noticed is some restaurants have labels that are not available to the retail market-that really makes me wonder. Some places, even if they don't make it well known, will let you bring wine for a corkage fee, but it should be something a little special and something they don't have on their list. You could call some of your favorite places to see. It is a good idea to call ahead and arrange bringing your own bottle anyway.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
We will be visiting the first week of November. Are there any SoWal restaurants which allow diners to bring their own wine - my brother hates to pay marked up prices at restaurants and will insist on eating at our rented cottage if we can't find an establishment which allows byob.

Thanks!

He must be single. :lol:

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2006
Point Washington
Vin'tij corkage fee is $5:

We have our shelves stocked with 1000 different labels representing the best growing regions in the world. While enjoying Chef John?s latest creation, you can select a favorite and enjoy the wine with your dinner for the retail price and a $5 corkage fee. An unheard of wine deal! Retail + $5 corkage are we nuts! Maybe, but we love great food & great wine. And we think you do also!​