• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Thx, Lady D!

We're gonna do our best, for sure!:love: Cmon Sowalers, let's help these, babies!:clap:
It's bad for older dogs, most people won't adopt them. River Otter where are you? But , if anyone can find a home for them, you can. Let's find a home for the two retrievers.

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
Talk to Martha at the animal shelter. She may be working with a rescue group to place them. She really does her best to save them. I will pass word along to a connection I have. We will keep trying!

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Talk to Martha at the animal shelter. She may be working with a rescue group to place them. She really does her best to save them. I will pass word along to a connection I have. We will keep trying!

How's the Maxter tonight? I just realized a while ago when looking at his picture on the couch that you have had him just over 2 weeks now. How lucky is he to have such a great home now.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Like I said...

I want his, life!:wave:
How's the Maxter tonight? I just realized a while ago when looking at his picture on the couch that you have had him just over 2 weeks now. How lucky is he to have such a great home now.

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
I want his, life!:wave:
Max is doing great! We just had a road trip to Memphis and he was such a good sport, so well behaved and a great traveler. He just needs lots of loving which he is getting. Max is fast to learn obedience commands, sit, stay, come and paw-paw, his handshake! He is super smart. Still shy with people tho, but hoping that will change as he becomes more confident!

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Max is doing great! We just had a road trip to Memphis and he was such a good sport, so well behaved and a great traveler. He just needs lots of loving which he is getting. Max is fast to learn obedience commands, sit, stay, come and paw-paw, his handshake! He is super smart. Still shy with people tho, but hoping that will change as he becomes more confident!

You were just here in Memphis with the Maxter? Would have loved to have met you two. What brought you to Memphis? I know he is in a great home and that makes me very happy. :D

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
MAX UPDATE!!! Max is doing great! Thanks to his previous selfish owners, WE have Max! He is precious, smart, talented and a great guard dog! Max was thrown away out of inconvenience, unfortunately the story with lots of dogs, cats and other animals! Max is NOT vicious, just might get a little grumpy when he is sleepy, don't we all? He vacationed with us at the Cape, walks several times daily and guards the house, us and cats with attentiveness, goes everywhere with his Pop..... We are convinced that Max has been caged much of his life. He is still nervous around strangers and strange objects, even bags and boxes, everything seems new to him.....but he has made much progress. He offers his right paw at the words of "paw-paw", precious. He has bonded with the cats and might even think he is one! Lots of love, proper exposure, and some proper training, and we think he will be ready for...... whatever he wants to do.....He obviously was abused, but we will overcome that. He's our boy and seems to like that! Thank you again Diane for bringing this little miracle into our lives! We know he is in his forever home!

jack flash

Beach Lover
Feb 11, 2009
Pt. Washington
You were just here in Memphis with the Maxter? Would have loved to have met you two. What brought you to Memphis? I know he is in a great home and that makes me very happy. :D
We still get much of our medical care in Memphis---being from there! We will ck. you out on the next visit!

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
MAX UPDATE!!! Max is doing great! Thanks to his previous selfish owners, WE have Max! He is precious, smart, talented and a great guard dog! Max was thrown away out of inconvenience, unfortunately the story with lots of dogs, cats and other animals! Max is NOT vicious, just might get a little grumpy when he is sleepy, don't we all? He vacationed with us at the Cape, walks several times daily and guards the house, us and cats with attentiveness, goes everywhere with his Pop..... We are convinced that Max has been caged much of his life. He is still nervous around strangers and strange objects, even bags and boxes, everything seems new to him.....but he has made much progress. He offers his right paw at the words of "paw-paw", precious. He has bonded with the cats and might even think he is one! Lots of love, proper exposure, and some proper training, and we think he will be ready for...... whatever he wants to do.....He obviously was abused, but we will overcome that. He's our boy and seems to like that! Thank you again Diane for bringing this little miracle into our lives! We know he is in his forever home!

Thanks for the update on Max. Glad he has bonded with the cats, and seems to have adapted beautifully with you and your family. Would love to see some current pictures.

Diane4145

Beach Fanatic
Sep 3, 2005
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Magic!

Thank you so much, Jackie, for the update! "Magic" was the first word that came to my mind, when I read this! And that's exactly what I feel, when a sweet baby has a wonderful new, forever home!:love: I'm going thru a bit of a health crisis and having surgery with a two month, recovery time! I'm having my surgery in Mobile, so that I can recover, at my mom's. Thank heaven, for sweet moms!:clap:When I get back on my feet, I'll be back to helping, our helpless furry friends! Please keep us updated, on your sweet boy!:wave: