• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

reedcsmith

Beach Crab
Sep 21, 2010
Wheelhouse Property

Whatever happened to the old Wheelhouse property? Did someone buy it? If so what are they doing with it?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I believe the front "cabana" will be another "Cowgirl Kitchen" with take-out only. The main building will be a whole other restaurant that is still in the planning stage.

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
Problems with Wheel House project plan

The proposed project to remove the Wheel House Restaurant and replace it with the "723 Whiskey Bravo" Restaurant could unnecessarily negatively impact the Sea Highlands neighborhood.

The sight plan shows parking in the rear. The only access to this parking lot appears to be on residential streets: Gardenia Street and Highland Ave.

This would inappropriately divert commercial traffic flow into a residential neighborhood. I hope the plan can be altered to direct the traffic directly from 30A to the parking lot.

Lisa Ruby

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
SoWal
www.rosemarybeachsales.com
The proposed project to remove the Wheel House Restaurant and replace it with the "723 Whiskey Bravo" Restaurant could unnecessarily negatively impact the Sea Highlands neighborhood.

The sight plan shows parking in the rear. The only access to this parking lot appears to be on residential streets: Gardenia Street and Highland Ave.

This would inappropriately divert commercial traffic flow into a residential neighborhood. I hope the plan can be altered to direct the traffic directly from 30A to the parking lot.

I can't get started on how this sounds, but is this really the name of this proposed restaurant????

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
IIRC the article in the Walton Sun said they had no plans to change anything.

Perhaps the hearing date to make this change can be posted so those opposed can attend and raise their concerns. If no one shows then it's clearly not that big of an issue.

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
Development presentation 5 PM on Wednesday at Watercolor Inn

IIRC the article in the Walton Sun said they had no plans to change anything.

Perhaps the hearing date to make this change can be posted so those opposed can attend and raise their concerns. If no one shows then it's clearly not that big of an issue.

NOTIFICATION OF A COMMUNITY MEETING

Development plans will be presented and input accepted 5 PM on Wednesday, October 20, 2010, at Watercolor Inn 34 Goldenrod Circle.

hi n dry

Beach Lover
Sep 12, 2005
Commercial traffic to be routed through Old Seagrove

Please note the attached proposed project site plan of the old Wheel House property.

Traffic in and out of the proposed parking lot will flow down Headland Ave in Sea Highlands and through Old Seagrove on E. Grove Drive and Gardenia.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
I guess the old Wheel House was on septic? The county just bought a utility easement to the north west of this property.

I find it very hard to believe that this is sufficient parking for all of the businesses planned.