• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
skier said:
Are you currently buying loads of properties in Rosemary, Seaside, Watercolor, Draper Lake, Redfish Village, Adagio, Watersound, Seacrest, etc.?
I'll take one of each, please. ...NOT! ... But that is me, and I already live here. Skier, you are right. "Healty" dialog is always a good thing. I think you make some valid points, while at the same time, you make some statements which are painted with a very broad brush and do not necessarily define this market. You still have not commented on my question asking you to comment on the difference between this local market as opposed to the entire RE market of the USA. Do you wish to comment?

By the way, I love the quote by :dunno: (I cannot remember), who stated, "always question all authority all the time."

It is healthy to listen to both sides, but I wish you had some other people on your side addressing other points of your side of the bubble bursting. We must remember that while we will read valid points regarding each side, we all have egos which hate to be beaten upon.

landlord

Beach Lover
i own a few homes for my family's use. i am not interested in "investing" in sowal real estate to make money.
i am ceo of a private reit(and a non-practicing r.e. attorney) that owns commercial properties around the country.
i do not have a dog in your fight. i merely think that you are using alot of your personal energy arguing about the state of the market in sowal and sometimes the discussion sounds a bit strained. perhaps you don't realize how it sounds to others.
i respectfully request that you and i not engage in a back and forth about this topic. i do not have the energy nor the interest. thank you for respecting preference. good luck.

OnMackBayou

Beach Lover
May 15, 2005
Mack Bayou, Sandestin
Skier, my name is Alan Woodard. Please e-mail me the legal description of your property, along with any other info you can provide. My e-mail address is assetmgsrv@aol.com. As I have explained, I will pay for two appraisals and we will average them. If the property fits the criteria I outlined, I will be glad to pay 71% of that figure for your property.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Do I need to break up this sandbox scwabble? Discount? Think premium. He speaks with his actions, not his words. I think we all know that the skier will only sell if he can get a ridiculusly high price. He is like the other overly priced sellers in the area who really don't care about selling, but if ... blah,blah,blah.

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
skier said:
Mack,

I never heard back from you re: buying my place at a 29% discount to the house in Seaside that just sold for $1700 per square foot.

By the way, if you and landlord don't like the debate, you don't have to review this or any other thread.

That was the list price. Not sure what the selling price is but probably close enough. Another one went under contract today in Seaside that was listed at a bit over $1,100/sf.

If you think $1,100/sf for your house is crazy - maybe you ought to list it.

Cavallino

Beach Comber
Jun 11, 2005
depends on the date
Let's get this thread back on Topic!!!
I believe it is entitled 'Let the bidding begin...Alys Beach'
Here are the results of the sealed bid process from a reliable source...

Fact #1 - It was a sellout
All Lots were sold during the sealed bid process

Fat #2 - Premium
The Lots were sold at an average 4% premium over minimum bid price.

Since the minimum bids on these lots were priced at a highest level to begin with......it appears to me that this result is indeed evidence that the upward trend is continuing.

I hope this is helpful.

Doug

FoX

Beach Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
off the beach
www.thesimpsons.com
Cavallino said:
Let's get this thread back on Topic!!!
I believe it is entitled 'Let the bidding begin...Alys Beach'
Here are the results of the sealed bid process from a reliable source...

Fact #1 - It was a sellout
All Lots were sold during the sealed bid process

Fat #2 - Premium
The Lots were sold at an average 4% premium over minimum bid price.

Since the minimum bids on these lots were priced at a highest level to begin with......it appears to me that this result is indeed evidence that the upward trend is continuing.

I hope this is helpful.

Doug

Thanks Doug. I figured as much. 4% as an average - I'd be curious to know what the highest margin was.

I bet last spring that margin might have been a lot higher.

Can you tell us who your source is and/or how are they connected with the project?

Cavallino

Beach Comber
Jun 11, 2005
depends on the date
Sorry I don't have details on the markup on each individual lot offering.

I was glad to see the 4% overall premium considering the prices they were asking and the small lot sizes. This release definitely sets up another high point on lot valuation.

I would prefer to not name the source of the results. But welcome anyone to correct the facts if they find out differently.

Just trying to be helpful with respect to all this bubble bursting talk lately. I do not believe the bubble is bursting.....but I do believe we are seeing a slowdown in the appreciation velocity rate. Frankly....this is a good thing as last years appreciation rates were simply unsustainable.

Doug