• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
How low does it need to be? The current rate hasn't stopped anyone w/ a SERIOUS plan (not just whining and biatching) from moving forward.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
How about adjusting the cost to the size/value of the development. Allow mom and pop business to start up and survive. Try creativity and imagination.

You're dealing with facts and laws, creativity and imagination are best left to the architects.

Can you point to the law restricting mom and pop businesses?

florida girl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 3, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
You're dealing with facts and laws, creativity and imagination are best left to the architects.

Can you point to the law restricting mom and pop businesses?

I already did that, the cost of the development order. Architects are not the only ones with imagination and creativity.

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
"I will be supporting Commissioner Comander. I think she is one of the few who actually listens to the people before deciding on an issue, and she usually votes with her heart. I like that."

Shouldn't she vote based on reason, logic, and the law? Just because you might not like something or agree with it, if it meets the requirements of our comp plan and LDC, the board should approve it. I find nothing more annoying and frustrating when similar projects or requests get different votes because of someone's "heart".

Last edited:

Elephant Child

Beach Lover
Aug 11, 2010
Early in the day to start this over again. Haven't said anything new, still say we need new industry, and I don't think Commander will take us in that direction.

Kramer has a lot, or a client, or a friend of a friend with a friend who has an industry that he will be glad to bring into Walton....he admits he has no love for the historical areas of Walton...he feels that residents who live here and love the historical nature and try to protect it aren't smart enough to know what is best for the county, as far as he is concern, only he sees the whole picture. He knows best! I personally feel this man is not endowed with the self control to be a Commissioner...ever watch him at a County Commissioner Meeting when speaking?

Elephant Child

Beach Lover
Aug 11, 2010
I will be supporting Commissioner Comander. I think she is one of the few who actually listens to the people before deciding on an issue, and she usually votes with her heart. I like that.

Shouldn't she vote based on reason, logic, and the law? Just because you might not like somehing or agree with it, if it meets the requirements of our comp plan and LDC, the board should approve it. I find nothing more annoying and frustrating when similar projects or requests get different votes because of someone's "heart".

Whose reason, whose logic are you speaking of....Kramer's?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
"I will be supporting Commissioner Comander. I think she is one of the few who actually listens to the people before deciding on an issue, and she usually votes with her heart. I like that."

Shouldn't she vote based on reason, logic, and the law? Just because you might not like something or agree with it, if it meets the requirements of our comp plan and LDC, the board should approve it. I find nothing more annoying and frustrating when similar projects or requests get different votes because of someone's "heart".

They're not call "elected representatives" for the hell of it.

Elephant Child

Beach Lover
Aug 11, 2010
Just saw in the Walton Sun where Mr. Kramer said Ms. Comander reminded him of his Grandmother....thought that was really funny. She is 64 and he is 60. I guess he has one of those magic mirrors...he must see `"grandson" rather than Grandpa when he brushes his teeth.