• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Who will you vote for South Walton Mosquito Seat #3

• Ronnie Faulk

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Jimmy Hendrix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Robert 'Bob' Hudson

Votes: 20 76.9%

• Total voters

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Hudson's probably the best of the three, but I don't think any of them have particular knowledge of the purpose or mission of the mosquito control.
Well, if you have better knowledge, please share it with us.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Well, if you have better knowledge, please share it with us.

Maybe you weren't on here when she ran for Mosquito control. She has this antiquated method using things like diesel in wetlands and spraying DDT on anything that moves, we are much better off.

doodlebug

Beach Comber
Apr 29, 2008
If doodlebug wins then you'll have to prove that's your legal name. If no one steps forward then it'll be an appointment and lord knows what we'll get.
There is much more to the responsibilities of the Mosquito Board than one would think. SWGB, you have prompted me to do some research...the Mosquito Board meeting minutes are good reading, as is the rest of the info on the website http://www.southwaltonmosquitocontrol.com . I am anxiously awaiting the August and September minutes to be posted - there seems to be some drama that occurs during the meetings. Who knew??
And now for a helpful tip from your write in candidate for seat #3.......... did you know the SWCMCD also offers help for those pesky yellow flies? The district utilizes sticky black balls for the reduction of yellow flies and will provide one per homeowner upon request. If I am elected, I will strive to provide two sticky balls per household. Vote for Doodlebug!!!

:whitetrash:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
There is much more to the responsibilities of the Mosquito Board than one would think. SWGB, you have prompted me to do some research...the Mosquito Board meeting minutes are good reading, as is the rest of the info on the website http://www.southwaltonmosquitocontrol.com . I am anxiously awaiting the August and September minutes to be posted - there seems to be some drama that occurs during the meetings. Who knew??
And now for a helpful tip from your write in candidate for seat #3.......... did you know the SWCMCD also offers help for those pesky yellow flies? The district utilizes sticky black balls for the reduction of yellow flies and will provide one per homeowner upon request. If I am elected, I will strive to provide two sticky balls per household. Vote for Doodlebug!!!

:whitetrash:

You didn't understand my point. Who are you and can you legally prove that you are doodlebug. If not then you are wasting everyone's time.

Most of the drama stems from part-time employees receiving health benefits. 99% of all employers don't provide this, why should we as taxpayers provide it?

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Mr. Faulk gets my support. I too can't find much on this Jimmy Hendrix and this current board hasn't been great a cutting costs. New blood (no pun intended) will be nice.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Mr. Faulk gets my support. I too can't find much on this Jimmy Hendrix and this current board hasn't been great a cutting costs. New blood (no pun intended) will be nice.
Maybe you should look at your tax bill when it comes to the SWMCD. As for Mr. Hudson and the cutting of taxes, that is to funny. Even more amazing is the fact that they have responsibilities for the services they provide. Would you prefer they did not provide the service they do or what?

Just Curious

Beach Fanatic
Apr 22, 2009
Maybe you should look at your tax bill when it comes to the SWMCD. As for Mr. Hudson and the cutting of taxes, that is to funny. Even more amazing is the fact that they have responsibilities for the services they provide. Would you prefer they did not provide the service they do or what?

My issue isn't with the services they provide. It is with some of the decisions and intentions of the board. Within the past year they have wanted to increase their board from 3 to 5 members, and if it wasn't for the news article that brought attention to it it probably would have passed. There is also some concern about the benefits that they receive. I attached a link to a previous thread that deals with both of those issues. Even if he votes against something every time, 2-1 votes are still successful, so if he is unable to persuade a second vote in his favor than his efforts are ineffective, and I am willing to give someone else a try until we can vote out the other two next time.
http://www.sowal.com/bb/local-government/43006-south-walton-mosquito-control.html