• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Can't wait, just wish it hadn't been tied in with drunkfest over in Seaside.

peapod1980

percy
Oct 3, 2005
Up the hill from the Gateway Arch
Can't wait, just wish it hadn't been tied in with drunkfest over in Seaside.
This makes several years running now that Mountainfilm has been the same weekend as Seaside's wine festival, and I've been hoping it would change at some point--I think each event can support its own weekend, honestly. But, based on the event poster above, it looks like somebody's trying to turn Mountainfilm into a drunkfest! :shock:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I agree, peapod, Mtn Film needs to remain Mtn Film. If people drink for two hours before the films, it might be a little crazy. Oh, wait, they would be drinking all day, right? Regardless, I am ready for the films.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
It was $30/$50 last year. :dunno: I will need to leave the children with the nanny. Hopefully, St. Joe will remember that this event is primarily attended by locals and bring the pricing back to realistic levels next year.
:rotfl:

Rose Anna

Beach Comber
Jan 7, 2008
Blue Mountain
It's still only $35 this year - still a bargain IMO.............and a lot cheaper than most 30-A events.

$70 for the weekend per person if you pay by the night, $60 if you buy the weekend pass, which is up from $50 last year, $40 the year before and $35 or $30 the year before.

Kid passes at $50 is way too high IMO, especially when so often the themes of the films are about the future we are leaving for our children ($30 would have been more appropriate if the parent ticket price has to be $60).

I will figure out a way to find the $230 for my family (of 4) to attend, but drinks and food will have to be off the menu for the weekend. Unfortunately I know many families that will not be able to swing the $$ to take themselves much less their families to see such a wonderful event. Oil and the economy having hit too hard.

Was this really the year for a 20% jump in prices?

Admittedly great films at any price.

Tragedy that families are being priced out of attendance.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
There will also be an a la carte menu available for purchase from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., which includes wine by the glass and bottle, beer, water, hot chocolate, buffalo sliders, raclette, bread pudding and more.

:eek:...what's with the menu change????? I can't believe there is no CHILI!!!!

rant over....

can't wait for this weekend!!!! mountain film just rocks.

Carol G

Beach Fanatic
Jan 15, 2007
Point Washington
There will also be an a la carte menu available for purchase from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., which includes wine by the glass and bottle, beer, water, hot chocolate, buffalo sliders, raclette, bread pudding and more.

:eek:...what's with the menu change????? I can't believe there is no CHILI!!!!

rant over....

can't wait for this weekend!!!! mountain film just rocks.

Not to worry, chili is still on the a la carte menu, according to the website:
Florida Real Estate - Telluride MountainFilm on Tour at WaterColor | The St. Joe Company

I'm crossing my fingers that it stays cool & dry, Mountainfilm wouldn't be the same for me unless I'm under a heap of blankets drinking hot chocolate. My neighbor just told me it's supposed to be back in the 80's next week, bleh.

And count me among the folks who think the ticket prices are getting out of hand, if anyone with any pull is paying attention to this thread. Looks like I'll be eating a lot of ramen that week. Not joking. :wave:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
$70 for the weekend per person if you pay by the night, $60 if you buy the weekend pass, which is up from $50 last year, $40 the year before and $35 or $30 the year before.

Kid passes at $50 is way too high IMO, especially when so often the themes of the films are about the future we are leaving for our children ($30 would have been more appropriate if the parent ticket price has to be $60).

I will figure out a way to find the $230 for my family (of 4) to attend, but drinks and food will have to be off the menu for the weekend. Unfortunately I know many families that will not be able to swing the $$ to take themselves much less their families to see such a wonderful event. Oil and the economy having hit too hard.

Was this really the year for a 20% jump in prices?

Admittedly great films at any price.

Tragedy that families are being priced out of attendance.

I know, these movies make themselves! They're about free things like nature and reality, where's the cost in that?

I've never seen anyone setup the projector, screen, sound system, tents, and lights so that must be free and happen on it's own?

Greedy hippies from Telluride.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Hooray- it's Mountainfilm Week! :clap:

Really really really excited- when do the prayer flags go up in Watercolor?