• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Waterman

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2005
Ventura County CA
Oh No !!!!!!!!!

seagrovelover

little sugar
Jan 12, 2005
St Louis Missouri
RiverOtter said:
Sorry:blush: . The pics of the beach in front of Seaside don't look good. But the beach runs for several miles east and west. There are public beach accesses (sp?) all over the place. As OnMackBayou said Grayton Beach is maybe 1 to 1.5 miles to the west and (from the pics I've seen) is in great shape.

I know it sounds funny to go to a beach that's not infront of you house / condo / community but we do it all the time. We have a gulf front condo and still drive to Grayton, not every day but 2-3 times every trip down there.

Remember, even a bad day at the beach is better than a day in the office. If it wasn't for bad days / conditions or whatever we would not have discovered many of the things we now do everytime we head down. :cool:
Very well said River Otter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

seagrovelover said:
Very well said River Otter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1:

I would like to clear something up.

It was brought to my attention my response to Rudyjohn was a little harsh. I am sooooo sorry if that was the case :blush: . I did not mean for my post to be harsh or strongly worded. Just trying to help. The pics of the Beach at Seaside did look rough (I'm still in the Nooga so no 1st hand experience). I wanted to suggest going to other beaches very nearby to have fun and possibly see and experience new things.

Rubyjohn, my apologies if I offended you. :cool: I hope your vacation goes well. Wish I was down there right now :bang:

Rudyjohn

SoWal Insider
Feb 10, 2005
Chicago Area
Thank you, River Otter, for your apologies. I did think it was a little flip, but then again, so was I. I guess we all are way over due for some beach time.
Thanks again for the suggestions. (I did grow up in the area, just unable to live ther at this time... so I am actually familiar with the area. Just wanted to relax and not have to trudge to other beaches.)

SoWalSally

Beach Fanatic
Feb 19, 2005
From Stacey Brady, Office of Public Relations - Seaside

For nearly 25 years, Seaside has been at the forefront of economic growth in south Walton County. Before Seaside, there was little on County Road 30A and the town led the way, bringing hundreds of jobs, cultural arts, education, shopping and dining options, and international recognition to the area.
We are proud of the role we have played in the economic success and development of south Walton County. Seaside is a major vacation and second-home destination and the livelihood of many, many people depends on visitors wanting to come to our town and of course, our beach.
Tropical Storm Arlene, though not a strong storm, did considerable damage to our beach and washed away a good portion of the refurbishing we undertook after Ivan. With time, and efforts from our county and state partners, our beach will be beautiful once again. It is unfortunate that your newspaper, a community-based publication, opted to run a front-page photograph showing a very negative image of one part of our beach. In addition, the huge headline reinforced a very negative message for those who may be considering a visit or move to our area.
Seaside?s beaches already look better than they did a week ago. We?d like to invite you to come and take another picture, for front page viewing, of the dozens of people out on beach enjoying themselves. You can use the headline ?Paradise Rebounds.?
Our beaches took a beating with the storm, but our town, like many of the communities on 30A remains paradise for multitudes of people.