• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Welcome! I haven't been to Germany but my husband and 3 others from his work spent 15 days in Ahaus, Germany for some on the job training back in 2002. It was a joint venture between a company called Polywest in Ahaus and Bryce Corporation here where we live. Of course that venture lasted about 6 years and then everything was moved back to Germany. But it was a challenge to try and communicate with the desk clerk in the Schloss Hotel while he was over there. Good thing they spoke English but I did have a little trouble with understanding some things they said. Anyway, hope you will continue to enjoy the beaches of South Walton and will enjoy this website.

Last edited:

WeLoveSowal

Beach Comber
Nov 1, 2010
My husband has while on business, but I haven't. He had a great time. He loves the bratwurst over there which is also popular in his home state of Wisconsin. I am a professor so I do my traveling in the summer.

I love Bratwurst too. They are perfect served in a crispy roll with e medium hot mustard. You could try that with the Wisconsin Bratwurst too.

WeLoveSowal

Beach Comber
Nov 1, 2010
[Good thing they spoke English but I did have a little trouble with understanding some things they said. Anyway, hope you will continue to enjoy the beaches of South Walton and will enjoy this website.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome ! I hope that my english is not too bad, I apologize in advance

WeLoveSowal

Beach Comber
Nov 1, 2010
Welcome! I haven't been to Germany but my husband and 3 others from his work spent 15 days in Ahaus, Germany for some on the job training back in 2002. It was a joint venture between a company called Polywest in Ahaus and Bryce Corporation here where we live. Of course that venture lasted about 6 years and then everything was moved back to Germany. But it was a challenge to try and communicate with the desk clerk in the Schloss Hotel while he was over there. [B]Good thing they spoke English but I did have a little trouble with understanding some things they said.[/B] Anyway, hope you will continue to enjoy the beaches of South Walton and will enjoy this website.

Thanks to everybody for the warm welcome ! I hope that my english is not too bad, I apologize in advance

ShallowsFuzz

Beach Lover
Dec 26, 2006
Point Washington
Today I would like to become an active Member of the Sowal Community and say Hello to Everybody. I am from Germany and my Family loves Sowal, the Beaches and the supernice People.
We have spend almost every Vacation over the last 14 years in SRB and my son grew up at the worlds most beautiful Beaches. Last year we became a SRB Homeowner and we will be back home for Christmas.

Best Regards from Kiel, Germany

Welcome to Sowal. I spent about a year and half in Munister by dieberg (probably not spelled right...sorry:sosad:) during my Army career. Had a great time over there. Loved the people and the country.
Welcome again.:wave:

incredible1

Beach Lover
May 7, 2007
Hi. I read your message and share your opinion. pan handle of fla is so beautiful. we have been to rosemary beach, seaside area 4 times this year.pardon my ignoranc what does srb stand for ?

SRB= Santa Rosa Beach