• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

shfan

Beach Crab
Nov 3, 2010
Here are a few facts about Coach Barron. For 36 years he has devoted his life to the academic and athletic development of student athletes. He has taught math to and coached thousands of students, tutored those struggling with learning at no cost and been available as a counselor to any who needed it. He has been married to his wife, who he met at the Methodist Wesley Foundation while in college, for 37 years. He raised three daughters to prioritize their lives as God first, Family second, and work/school and everything else 3rd. He has two toddler grandsons who adore their "Pop Bear". He would NEVER hurt a child.

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
I don't think that the sheriff would launch a full-blown investigation and ultimately arrest a coach for just "a wimpy kid complaint." Kids get hit all the time on the football field, they get broken bones and bruises galore. But you don't hit a kid in the throat, and you don't teach them to do it. I don't know the kid that complained or the mother...but I do know that if he hit my son in the throat, the WCSO would not have to arrest him, they would have to protect him...from me.

Coach1

Beach Crab
Nov 3, 2010
Get your facts straight. False allegations are made every day. Unfortunately Coach Barron has been subject to these cruel accusations. He has done absolutely nothing wrong.

I don't think that the sheriff would launch a full-blown investigation and ultimately arrest a coach for just "a wimpy kid complaint." Kids get hit all the time on the football field, they get broken bones and bruises galore. But you don't hit a kid in the throat, and you don't teach them to do it. I don't know the kid that complained or the mother...but I do know that if he hit my son in the throat, the WCSO would not have to arrest him, they would have to protect him...from me.

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
I am not saying I have all the facts. I am going on what I read in the newspaper from 3000 miles away. I know allegations are one thing and a full blown investigation is another. Kids falsely accuse people, but they also get abused. I am sure if he is innocent then the WCSO will have him out of there in no time, clear his name and hopefully he will lead SW to a winning season. But I will stick to my statement. IF my kid got hit in the throat by ANYBODY, even a great coach and family guy, even a God fearing loving grandfather. IF my kid got hit, there would be hell to pay.

Coach1

Beach Crab
Nov 3, 2010
Duh!

Quit being so dramatic. It goes without saying no parent would permit any abuse of their child from a family member or anyone. We don't need you to keep saying it. All we are saying is, don't hang and convict this guy who is accused until you know the facts. Kids lie everyday and lots of people get hurt by it. And if you are 3000 miles away then this doesn't concern you anyway!

I am not saying I have all the facts. I am going on what I read in the newspaper from 3000 miles away. I know allegations are one thing and a full blown investigation is another. Kids falsely accuse people, but they also get abused. I am sure if he is innocent then the WCSO will have him out of there in no time, clear his name and hopefully he will lead SW to a winning season. But I will stick to my statement. IF my kid got hit in the throat by ANYBODY, even a great coach and family guy, even a God fearing loving grandfather. IF my kid got hit, there would be hell to pay.

shfan

Beach Crab
Nov 3, 2010
The technique being taught involves hitting the chest pads and pushing the opposing player up and back. The intent is not to hit the neck.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Get your facts straight. False allegations are made every day. Unfortunately Coach Barron has been subject to these cruel accusations. He has done absolutely nothing wrong.

Quit being so dramatic. It goes without saying no parent would permit any abuse of their child from a family member or anyone. We don't need you to keep saying it. All we are saying is, don't hang and convict this guy who is accused until you know the facts. Kids lie everyday and lots of people get hurt by it. And if you are 3000 miles away then this doesn't concern you anyway!

It is easy to see your emotional connection to the issue but please be polite. Maybe you feel it is others who are not polite because they are speculating. But that tends to happen on the internet. no need to make it worse by being rude.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com

Maybe let it play out a bit before making assumptions about this particular case.

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
Sad news regardless of which "side" you are on.