• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

PlumDragon

Beach Comber
Nov 2, 2010
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Hey there!

I grew up in CO and moved to Huntsville, AL after college. Spent 7 years there before finally taking the plunge and buying a condo in SRB. My wife, 2 year old son, and I now live here full-time. I love everything about the area, the seafood, the beach, the palm trees, the people...So far, its all fantastic. Oh but those license plates werent cheap!!

My wife works at Regions Bank and I teach martial arts and run a Chinese herbal business here in town. I used to be an engineer but retired from that to teach martial arts.

Were biting at the bit to find a new group of friends so hopefully we will get a chance to meet up with some of you at some point...

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
:welcome:

We're all axe murderers, but we try to hide them at the first meeting.

Yarmap

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
Northeast Alabama
Welcome...........It;s only gonna be 25 degrees in Huntsville tonight......don't you wish you were there!!:eek:

Last edited:

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Welcome from another new neighbor

Hey there!

I grew up in CO and moved to Huntsville, AL after college. Spent 7 years there before finally taking the plunge and buying a condo in SRB. My wife, 2 year old son, and I now live here full-time. I love everything about the area, the seafood, the beach, the palm trees, the people...So far, its all fantastic. Oh but those license plates werent cheap!!

My wife works at Regions Bank and I teach martial arts and run a Chinese herbal business here in town. I used to be an engineer but retired from that to teach martial arts.

Were biting at the bit to find a new group of friends so hopefully we will get a chance to meet up with some of you at some point...

Welcome to SoWal. I live in Blue Mountain Beach and moved here 7 mos. ago from New Orleans. It is just me and my 3 cats and little dog. I had to respond about the license plate issue. I could not even believe how much it was to change mine over to Florida. Phew, good thing I had the money since I did not know. :eek: You will love it here. I run a pet sitting business in the area - Heart Pet Sitting. Everyone has a dog so if you don't have one yet, you probably will eventually. If you ever need my services or to babysit, give a call or just give a call and maybe we can set up a meet and greet for all of the newcomers. I tried it once it did not go to well. Welcome to Paradise as they say here. My name is Brenda and my number is 850-622-3352. I, like you have been trying to make friends and it seems to take a little time. Welcom:clap:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Look on the bright side, you don't have to get an inspection sticker like those liberal tree huggers over in Louisiana.

wishiwerethere

Beach Comber
Sep 22, 2010
Welcome! We just bought a house here this past summer. I've not transferred my tags yet since, for now, we are mainly in Alabama. Next year, I plan on being there enough to change my residency to Florida. Just how expensive were your tags?

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
Welcome! We just bought a house here this past summer. I've not transferred my tags yet since, for now, we are mainly in Alabama. Next year, I plan on being there enough to change my residency to Florida. Just how expensive were your tags?

It's based on the type and weight.

Small car will be cheap.
Big truck will not.