• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lynnie

SoWal Insider
Apr 18, 2007
SoBuc
It's at 17.95 this morning. What are their earnings reports revealing ....and, how much cash do they have?

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
It's at 17.95 this morning. What are their earnings reports revealing ....and, how much cash do they have?

The "earnings" reports are revealing YTD 2010, they've lost $33.2M ($0.36 per share). 196.4M in cash and cash equivalents.

I'll let ROBERTSONDAVIES fill you in on the other details.

Last edited:

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
I suggested shorting JOE in 2005 to people on this board, as an alternative to selling their south walton home. I choose to sell my south walton home, as it was a 2nd home.

A few days ago, near the market peak, with Joe trading between 19 and 20 a share all day, a wide range, I suggested that you should buy JOE and put it away for 50 years. Since that time, the market has gone down 8 straight days in a row, and Joe has gone from the 19 range, to the 17 range. YAWN.

RE: Einhorn, yes he's smart, but he was also browbeating people in 2004 who nailed the short thesis on Subprime Mortgage lenders. Do you want to guess what he thought? He thought people like Accredited Home Lenders and New Century had bulletproof business models, and chastised young analysts in my office who had done some work and presented a thesis that there may be a problem developing. So from my experience, Einhorn is an arrogant often way wrong little douche bag... feel free to short now, he'l probably be buying to cover whatever you borrow to sell.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Dow Jones is up 5.5% year-to-date while Joe is down 39.6% year to date.

....and CROX is up 180% YTD...is this a crazy world or what?

The question is: Will CROX stock price beat JOE's before years's end? Currently CROX is $16.20; JOE is $17.90.

With Einhorn and his buddies playing with JOE like a yo-yo it's entirely possible. He said the stock is worth $7-$10, so he' still has room to play.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Dow Jones is up 5.5% year-to-date while Joe is down 39.6% year to date.

ummmm.... I suggested JOE a few days ago. In that time frame, it is down like 7% while the DOW is down 5%. negligible difference, and what I'd expect from a heaviy shorted stock. JOE is to be bought here, not sold.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Einhorn ... He said the stock is worth $7-$10, so he' still has room to play.

Yeah, he's going to be completely honest with his publicly stated downside target as a short seller.

If JOE is not worthless, there are only a few people on the planet who NEED to buy JOE at some point, and that would include Einhorn, and perhaps anybody who took my advice 5 years ago and shorted JOE.

:cool:

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
ummmm.... I suggested JOE a few days ago. In that time frame, it is down like 7% while the DOW is down 5%. negligible difference, and what I'd expect from a heaviy shorted stock. JOE is to be bought here, not sold.

Welcome back to the playground.

Just for the fun, on the day I proposed the JOE/INTC throwdown, I made a Fantasy Portfolio (FP) of the two stocks.

I put $2K in each stock at the closing price on Nov 4th (the day you named as the start date matching JOE against a list of nose-bleeding high-flyers).

You turned down my proposal to pit INTC against JOE, instead wanting to offer JOE against SPY, (which I declined--because apparently in some parallel universe--I upgraded JOE to a buy :roll:) I added $2K of SPY to the FP (also using the Nov 4 closing price).

The FP results as of closing today:

STOCK/VALUE/GAIN-LOSS

INTC/$2015.73/+0.79%

SPY/$1,967.78/-1.61%

JOE/1,776.89/-11.16%

Last edited:

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
So you've become one of those high frequency traders shell?

Anyhow, the fantasy account idea is great.. let's track how these do.

The JOE will outperform the SPY bigtime over the next year or 10. INTC is also a great pick from its depressed level, especially with the 10 year treasury trading at 37 X 2020 earnings... i like INTC too.

JOE and IINTC,

going on a cruise I'll check back in 10 days... a watched pot never boils

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
So you've become one of those high frequency traders shell?

Anyhow, the fantasy account idea is great.. let's track how these do.

The JOE will outperform the SPY bigtime over the next year or 10. INTC is also a great pick from its depressed level, especially with the 10 year treasury trading at 37 X 2020 earnings... i like INTC too.

JOE and IINTC,

going on a cruise I'll check back in 10 days... a watched pot never boils

Ahoy!

If I think of it, I'll post a weekly update on the portfolio...I'll be reinvesting the dividends back into the stocks.

Planned on tracking them at least until the date mentioned in the wager thread--end of May 2011. 10 years? Maybe. 50 years?...no can do--I'll be out touring in my brass-handled Cadillac.

Bon Voyage!

Enjoy your cruise & turkey day.

Shel.