• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
I'm cooking the usual stuff and I know we do this thread every year, but I might find some inspiration for some new stuff. Grocery shopping tomorrow...ugh...my most unfavorite part of the holiday. But, I'll bite the bullet and get it done...then try to figure out where to store it all! :shock:

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
I hear ya on the casseroles. Unfortunately, I'd be fired as chief cook and bottle washer if I didn't make a couple of them. :roll:
I am doing my sweet potatoes on top of the stove and thinking about a couple of other things that are either stove top or no cook.

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
My biggest undertaking is breakfast...southern style. Not my choice, but husband's family tradition. Eggs, country ham, gravy biscuits...I throw in homemade caramel rolls for me!!

Lunch is at my sister's house so I bring desserts and veges. Cranberry fluff is my favorite! I have to make the traditional corn and deviled eggs. My daughter makes killer sweet potatoes!

kathydwells

Darlene is my middle name, not my nickname
Dec 20, 2004
Lacey's Spring, Alabama
I am doing the Ham, dressing, White Chocolate bread pudding and home made yeast rolls. So glad my daddy and step-mom are so close now. They get to make the turkey this year. Brother and Sister will bring stuff as well. Kelly will bring her wonderful Green Bean Casserole. Not sure what my brother will bring, but I am sure it will be good. He has turned into quite the cook in his middle age. :D

It will just be so good for all the family to be together again this year after so many spent apart.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
I am doing the Ham, dressing, White Chocolate bread pudding and home made yeast rolls. So glad my daddy and step-mom are so close now. They get to make the turkey this year. Brother and Sister will bring stuff as well. Kelly will bring her wonderful Green Bean Casserole. Not sure what my brother will bring, but I am sure it will be good. He has turned into quite the cook in his middle age. :D

It will just be so good for all the family to be together again this year after so many spent apart.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Your white chocolate bread pudding is to DIE for!!:love: My family does not save it for special occasions:clap: So glad you shared the recipe!!!

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
My biggest undertaking is breakfast...southern style. Not my choice, but husband's family tradition. Eggs, country ham, gravy biscuits...I throw in homemade caramel rolls for me!!

Lunch is at my sister's house so I bring desserts and veges. Cranberry fluff is my favorite! I have to make the traditional corn and deviled eggs. My daughter makes killer sweet potatoes!

Send me some of those caramel rolls! :drool:

Happy Thanksgiving All!

It all sounds fab! Happy that your fam is all together--I know what that means to you!! :love:

BeachbumAggie

Beach Fanatic
Jun 6, 2008
Arlington, TX
Chicken and sage cornbread dressing, a roast turkey breast, baked ham, giblet gravy, mashed potatoes, hashbrown casserole, candied sweet potatoes, squash casserole, field peas (cream peas), fresh cooked green beans, rolls, relish tray, fruit salad, banana nut cake, pecan pie, chocolate chip pecan pie, chocolate pie then we'll have the same thing but with more sweets at Christmas dinner!

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
We're going to a pot luck and I found a great recipe!

29029_turkey_cake_290.jpg