• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Last edited:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
That is good news, but as Superintendent Anderson said in the article, we don need to look into what happened with the other 15%. I understand that some kids will never make it through high school, and some of them will eventually get a GED, but are there some falling through the cracks that with a little support, could have graduated?

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I agree; 15% is too high. I wonder if there is any data that show what contributed to this increase...

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
How did they cut their dropout rate in half, but only have a 3% change in graduation rates? :dunno:

I would love to know exactly how these statistics are compiled - at one point the article made it sound like the rates were for completion in 4 years - which hopefully means the number who still graduate (but take longer or get an equivalency) is even higher than the 85%.

IMO we should have graduation rates in the upper 90's.

BJackson

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2010
Blue Mountain Beach, Florida
Some of the individual school graduation rates are:
Paxton - 96.42%
Walton - 88.81%
South Walton - 88.51%
Freeport - 80.23%
The drop out rate was cut in half. It went from 2.6% to 1.3% for the district.

I know the administration at Freeport High School is working really hard this year to improve their drop out rate. They have developed some new strategies to use with the at-risk students. Hopefully, some of these new strategies will work.

mdd88jd

Beach Lover
May 26, 2008
The drop out rate has been a focus for a couple of years. I think we are doing a better job of identifying potential drop outs early. But, there is still much work to do and we will do it.

hkem1

Beach Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
Debts Recovery Tribunal
Keeping in line with the international trends on helping financial institutions recover their bad Debt quickly and effeciently, the Government of India has constituted thirty three Debt Recovery Tribunal and five Debt Recovery Appellate Tribunal across the country.

The Debt Recovery Tribunal are located across the country. Some cities have more than one Debt Recovery Tribunal located therein. New Delhi and Mumbai have three Debt Recovery Tribunal. Chennai and Kolkata have two Debt Recovery Tribunal each. One Debt Recovery Tribunal each has been constituted at Ahmdabad, Allahabad, Arungabad, Bangalore, Chandigrah, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hydrabad, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Lucknow, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Ranchi and Vishakapatnam. Depending upon the number of cases a Debt Recovery Tribunal is constituted.

OMG, you're a savior!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thank the lord.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
The increase in the graduation rate is good news. Interesting about the drop out rates...one of my son's good friends, smart kid, good grades but otherwise pretty much a slacker, gets in the first semester of senior year and decides not to go to school anymore. There has got to be more to the story...but hopefully he will get his GED.

Any idea why Freeport's graduation rate is lower? I know 30 years ago that I started 9th grade with 60 kids and we were down to 35 by graduation. Most of the female attrition was due to teenage motherhood, and most of the male attrition happened because you could make GOOD money working on the boats, and that's what the future held in store for many of our young men back then anyway. Surely that's not still true...:dunno: