• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

mvy

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2008
We had a delicious lunch at Shoo Mama's (in the old Jambone location) on 98 yesterday. This is a hidden jewel in our community. The food was fresh and creatively prepared. Their lunch specials are really delicious. Let's support this wonderful little restaurant!

I've looked at other comments about this restaurant and am convinced. We've also looked at the menu. We like that you can order items from the lunch menu at night and that they have what appears to be an old-school seafood platter (sometimes I just have a hankering for one of those).

We will definitely try it on our next visit. Thanks, y'all, for the reviews.:wave:

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I have had a lot of fish tacos in town and Shoo Mama's is the best.

Andy A

Beach Fanatic
Feb 28, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
Betty adds herr two cents on the fish tacos. Great place!

HD Lady

Beach Fanatic
Mar 10, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach
They have one of the best hamburgers around. They offer several versions but we really like the "all american". Yum - I'm getting hungry just thinking about it!

Shoo Mama's is excellent! The fish taco is exceptional. Loved the grilled flour tortilla, just like people prepare them even on construction sites in Mexico, according to hubby. The collard greens were perfect, and this is coming from someone who loves collard greens -- not too much ham or salt and not all chopped up, as some people serve them. Hubby had the ribs. They were just as he likes them -- fall-off-the-bone tender.

BTW the waitress was so adorable, friendly, and helpful.

Can't wait to get back and try more items on the menu!