• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Monark Events

Beach Comber
May 27, 2008
www.monarkevents.com
Tel. 850. 231.1260
Fax. 850.231.1155
Email: byuhas@ccmcnet.com

WATERCOLOR COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION CALLS FOR ARTISTS TO SUBMIT SKETCHES FOR COMMISSIONED PAINTING OF THE COMMUNITY?S KOI POND

WaterColor, FL ? The WaterColor Community Association is seeking artists to submit sketches for the commissioned painting of the community?s Koi Pond floor in Cerulean Park. One artist will be chosen to complete the painting of the pond and will be announced on December 20, 2010. The prominent location and popularity of WaterColor?s Koi Pond makes this an ideal canvas for any artist and will give incredible exposure to their work.

Sketches may be submitted on any type and/or size of material and must be inspired by WaterColor and/or 30-A?s unique beach community charm. The Koi Pond is circular in design and is 62 feet in diameter (actual size). Designs along with the artist?s resume and/or info must be submitted to the WaterColor Community Association Office at 133 Pine Grove Circle, Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459 no later than 12pm on December 15, 2010.
The winning submission will be awarded $5,000 to complete the project of which $2,500 will be awarded at the time of the announcement and the remaining $2,500 will be awarded upon completion. THE SELECTED ARTIST MUST BE PREPARED TO BEGIN WORK BEFORE DECEMBER 30, 2010 and must complete the commissioned piece before March 1, 2010.

For more information, contact Cathy Hudson at chudson@ccmcnet.com or call 850/231.2541.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
Is this to paint THE pond or to do a painting OF the pond?

It sounds like they're trying to get someone to paint on the floor of the actual koi pond in the park. Also sounds like they're trying to do it on the cheap...$5K??? For that amount, I'll do it with a roller.

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
It sounds like they're trying to get someone to paint on the floor of the actual koi pond in the park. Also sounds like they're trying to do it on the cheap...$5K??? For that amount, I'll do it with a roller.

They'd have more money to spend if so many homeowners hadn't stiffed them on HOA dues.

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
They'd have more money to spend if so many homeowners hadn't stiffed them on HOA dues.

That's kinda ghetto.....the owners have nothing left over after paying for the GCT & SS upgrades I presume?

Last edited:

Matt J

SWGB
May 9, 2007
That's kinda ghetto.....the owners have nothing left over after paying for the GCT & SS upgrades I presume?

Some of them didn't even get the GCT & SS, probably just made bad business investments.

If they are painting the bottom of the Koi pond does that mean everyone has to rush over for the 2 weeks when it's clear to actually see it?

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Well, I think they should let some kids paint fish on the bottom and all it a day.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Call it a day? :dunno:

They would probably have to be child prodigies trained by Italian masters.

Vanna...I'd like to buy a 'c'!

It's a family community, so let the families paint it.