• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
The Walton County Sheriff?s Office is investigating the death of a 37-year-old woman.

Adriana Mayaudon de Bown was found dead inside an apartment early Saturday morning at the Pointe of View apartment complex at 200 Sandestin Lane, according to Mike Morrison, a spokesman for the Sheriff?s Office.

Morrison said authorities are awaiting the results of the autopsy to determine how she died.

He wasn?t certain what day the autopsy would be conducted.
A suspect is being questioned and might face charges later in the day, Morrison said.

?We?re in the process of collecting evidence and interviewing witnesses,? Morrison said.

The exact nature of the relationship between de Bown and the suspect wasn?t clear, but Morrison confirmed they were neighbors.
Deputies were called to the apartment complex about a possible assault around 6:10 a.m.

Morrison didn?t know who called 911, but neighbors directed deputies at the scene to the suspect. The suspect then led deputies to de Bown?s body.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
For Immediate Release
Dec. 18, 2010

The Walton County Sheriff?s Office (WCSO) today arrested Steven Gerrard Ritchie, 42, for the murder of Adriana Mayaudon de Bown, 37.

The investigation began after the WCSO received a 911 call at approximately 6:10 a.m. in reference to a possible assault involving a man and a woman at the Pointe of View apartment complex located at 200 Sandestin Lane.

During the investigation, Ritchie provided a post-Miranda statement to WCSO investigators that he choked the victim during a dispute.

Ritchie was booked into the Walton County Jail. The Medical Examiner?s Office for the 1st Judicial Circuit will conduct an autopsy and determine the cause of death.

The investigation is active and ongoing.

Bobby J

Beach Fanatic
Apr 18, 2005
Blue Mountain beach
www.lifeonshore.com
For Immediate Release
Dec. 18, 2010

The Walton County Sheriff?s Office (WCSO) today arrested Steven Gerrard Ritchie, 42, for the murder of Adriana Mayaudon de Bown, 37.

The investigation began after the WCSO received a 911 call at approximately 6:10 a.m. in reference to a possible assault involving a man and a woman at the Pointe of View apartment complex located at 200 Sandestin Lane.

During the investigation, Ritchie provided a post-Miranda statement to WCSO investigators that he choked the victim during a dispute.

Ritchie was booked into the Walton County Jail. The Medical Examiner?s Office for the 1st Judicial Circuit will conduct an autopsy and determine the cause of death.

The investigation is active and ongoing.

What a trip! Went to HS with him...

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Here's the DN article, but there aren't many more details than what has already been posted. My husband works with a gentleman that lives in the same complex..(it's behind Publix Grand Blvd.) He told Steve that when he first saw all of the cop cars, he thought it was an illegal immigration thing because apparently a lot of illegals live there. Then he saw the coroners vehicle and knew it was bad news. Bobby, do you know if the suspect has brothers? We know another guy with the same last name.

Sheriff's Office investigating Miramar Beach woman's death | miramar, beach, office - News - Northwest Florida Daily News

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
He does have brothers. They are both wonderful upstanding guys. I graduated high school with his younger brother. He is a wonderful father, businessman and communitarian. Steve is (in my opinion) the "bad egg". I am sure the entire Richie family is devastated by news that Steve committed this horrible crime. The Richie family is in my prayers. I am sure that they have tried everything to help Steve overcome his demons. He has been in and out of rehabs for as long as I can remember.

Of course I will keep the victim's family, especially her beautiful daughter in my prayers. She was a friend of my niece. She says that Adriana was a very nice person that was friendly to everyone and a loving, doting mother. This story haunts me. Why in the world would someone do that to another human, especially someone with so much to live for?

M

mayaudon

Well, she was my dearest cousin, she was full of love, and apparetly this guy was her neighboor and he killed her! he confesed to strangling her to death. I dont understand why, anyone and everyone that knew Adriana will say tat she was the most friendly, outgoing and loving gilr you ever met.

I wonder if this man has done this before because to be 42 yrs old and actually put your bare hands arround someones neck and watch them die is far from normal and sick. not something like a accidental shooting or a hard punch. Idk. My emotions are running so high I dont know what to think but I hope for the safety of all other women he serves his life in prison and I do have sympathy for his family because like mine they lost a loved one too. except they willbe able to visit, write and talk on the phone something we wont ever be able to do. And her little girl will never be able to hear her voice again, or feel her mothers touch. Adriana I love you and will always cherish our memories together. Rest in peac beutyfull soul!

Last edited by a moderator:

sunspotbaby

SoWal Insider
Mar 31, 2006
Santa Rosa Beach
Well, she was my dearest cousin, she was full of love, and apparetly this guy was her neighboor and he killed her! he confesed to strangling her to death. I dont understand why, anyone and everyone that knew Adriana will say tat she was the most friendly, outgoing and loving gilr you ever met.

I wonder if this man has done this before because to be 42 yrs old and actually put your bare hands arround someones neck and watch them die is far from normal and sick. not something like a accidental shooting or a hard punch. Idk. My emotions are running so high I dont know what to think but I hope for the safety of all other women he serves his life in prison and I do have sympathy for his family because like mine they lost a loved one too. except they willbe able to visit, write and talk on the phone something we wont ever be able to do. And her little girl will never be able to hear her voice again, or feel her mothers touch. Adriana I love you and will always cherish our memories together. Rest in peac beutyfull soul!

So sorry for your loss. Thanks for sharing your memories of her. Prayers to her loved ones and to his as well. It can't possibly be a more difficult time for either family right now. My heart goes out to you. :sosad:

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
Mayaudon,
You and your entire family are in my prayers. I will never ever understand how someone could do such a thing. My heart is broken for your family. Your cousin left this planet too early. May she rest in peace and may God be with you all during this horrible time.