• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Gidget

Beach Fanatic
May 27, 2009
Blue Mtn Beach!!
What a wonderful thread - I'm thankful I logged on today and got to read through it! :D

I am very thankful to have met so many warm and friendly people that live in this area. Without this forum I would have never met them. So I thank the SoWal.com work crew :sowal: and YOU the people who post and share. :clap:

I am thankful for opinion. I have learned SO much from many people - about food, entertainment, politics, nature, and local issues. :clap:

I am TOTALLY thankful for the 30A bike/walking path. I love it so much and am grateful that I can hop on it just a few steps from our house. :bicycle:

And I'm thankful that most of the local places, including SoWal.com are on facebook. With just a click I can check out The Sun's headlines, the surf, the sheriff's report, the restaurants, and of course Jenny's great video on "Dammit My Mom's On Facebook" from SNL! So there's a plug for facebook! :cool:

I'm thankful that I can be off the forum for a while and jump back in and say HI TO ALL - hope you are doing great!:clap_1:

Gidget

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
Wow- it has been since October 13th since any local person, business, or group got thanked!!

Fired Up gets my thanks today- Kate and 9 of her friends painted pottery and had a great birthday afternoon with Jim, Stacy, Amy, and Katie. Their patience level is superhuman- they are able to handle 10 girls, all asking questions, all slinging paint, all running around- and they do it with a big smile. Thanks Fired Up.:love:

The store is full of great items ready to paint for holiday gifts!

Mango

SoWal Insider
Apr 7, 2006
New York/ Santa Rosa Beach
Thanks to special Sowalers for helping out a fellow Sowaler from afar. It is much appreciated. You know who you are. :love:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Thanks to Publix in general and the new store on HWY 98 in particular.

Publix is #1 in customer service IMO. Last night I zipped in to pick up a couple of items and realized that I had used my last cash to donate to a local food bank...so, I needed some cash; and decided to write a check (Yikes!) for groceries and get some extra cash to get me through today...Since I almost never write a check for groceries, I was not paying much attention...the young man, Charlie, and I were having a conversation and so he wasn't paying much attention either. I headed home and about 3/4 of the way there, realized: he did not give me my cash/change.

I drove back to the store with my receipt showing that I had received "change" with my order. (How would they know I had not?)

When I told the Customer Service woman what had happend, she never batted an eye, she said, "no problem, we will take care of it..." and they did immediately, with apologizes to me (multiple apologies from Charlie) and a nice conversation about how they are happy to make it right and (from me) how I often forget the stamps I pay for, but this was the first time I had forgotten to get my "change".

Publix sets the bar high for good service and they will continue to have my business.

They do apparently have a protocol for determing if in fact they have more money in the till than they should...and it took less than 5 minutes for them to hand me my money.

Last edited:

Beauty hunter

Beach Fanatic
May 3, 2009
I just now saw this thread
Great topic Jenny
Thanks to all of you for being you which I consider to be very entertaining
I'm thankful for this beautiful area and the people that dare to have a business around here

Love ya!!!

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I am grateful for friends and family. I am grateful for so many caring folks in our community who help out behind the scenes without looking for credit or promotion.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I am grateful for friends far and near and hearing from them this time of year; for family -- especially children and grandchildren who make Christmas so very special; for this wonderful place we call home and for Sowal...our neighborhood connection.

Merry Christmas Everyone!:clap:

Tom at BV

Beach Lover
May 14, 2006
Plymouth & Petoskey MI
Merry Christmas

I am gratful to everyone on this site who make 30-A, SoWall a beautiful place to visit & live. The personalities on this site are a joy and appreciated.

I am looking forward to retiring some day on 30-A and until then I'll live through this forum. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

T & L

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
We are thanful to be ALIVE.

As alluded to in another thread, ShallowsFuzz and I were involved in a serious accident on 98 yesterday evening. We are very thankful today to be alive, and not seriously injured.

We are also thankful for Advil and Lortab, because it hurts to move. And for my good friend SGG, who is going to bring us Christmas dinner this evening. :love:

Finally, I am very thankful for my wonderful son, and that we was not with us. He is being a very good nurse today.

seagrovegirl

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2008
Historic Old Point Washington
We are thanful to be ALIVE.

As alluded to in another thread, ShallowsFuzz and I were involved in a serious accident on 98 yesterday evening. We are very thankful today to be alive, and not seriously injured.

We are also thankful for Advil and Lortab, because it hurts to move. And for my good friend SGG, who is going to bring us Christmas dinner this evening. :love:

Finally, I am very thankful for my wonderful son, and that we was not with us. He is being a very good nurse today.

I am so thankful to have so much to be thankful for, especially that my dear friend SN is so far ok, after that terrible accident last night. A Christmas Miracle!!