• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Hey Murph, thanks for giving me wood! Errr....umm...Pecan Wood that is. I'm cooking my own bbq for the SWHS Band "end of band camp preview and family cookout" and Murph was kind enough to donate me some firewood.

The real story is that awesome bbq he's cookin'! He showed me Pork Butts that looked incredible and had been slow roasting for 29hrs! OMG! They smelled delicious and I may have to shoot over for lunch tomorrow.

Again, I love cooking bbq and usually get really good reviews on what comes out of my cookers but Murph is a PROFESSIONAL! When you look at all of the care the staff goes thru to make your BBQ dinner happen it is really amazing.

Go by and BUY, you won't be disppointed.

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
Who needs a discount? Probably the most economical meal in Seaside.

One of the few meals in Seaside where I feel that I'm getting my money's worth. Same for 98 BBQ, both are really good.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I had an oppportunity to meet Murph this morning while he was setting up for today's business. I had been to the post office and asked him if he knew the jerk who owns the older red Ford PU with Ga plates that was parked too long in front of the post office....he did not. That is another story but it sucks when peeps park for the day in the P.O. spaces.

Anyway, we were talking BBQ, I'm BBQ'er myself and I was lucky enough that Murph offered me a sample of his butt...err...his pulled pork butt. It was freakin' awesome! 30+ hrs. on the cooker, tender, juicey and delicious. After seeing the care and preparation that goes into his BBQ, it certainly justifies the price.

Do yourself a favor and stop in for lunch!

On another note, if you go, make sure you let them know if you are staying or getting your food to go. Murph strives to run a Green or Eco Friendly establishment and actually pays MORE for recycled products. It makes no since for someone to order carryout, have it all packaged up and then eat at one of the tables. A waste or resources and time for all.

Thanks for your thread. Everyone please rate and comment here also:
Barefoot BBQ | SoWal.com - Guide For The Beaches Of South Walton & Scenic 30A

30ABandMan

Beach Fanatic
Apr 1, 2007
SGB
You veg heads out there should try the smoked mushroom sandwich. Amazing...