• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

beachgirl66

Beach Lover
Sep 20, 2010
These pics are beautiful! I really love the purple one overlooking the lake, and the one of the bald eagle. I hope I am lucky enough to see a bald eagle in SoWal sometime.

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
South Walton *is* a beautiful place. Driving across the 331 bridge and seeing the bay always makes me smile. Then when I get to 30A and see the Gulf, I feel so blessed to have found this place. Thanks for the beautiful photos, Wavewatcher!
Amen to that.

Beautiful pics makes me want to be there now :love:. I have a pretty good digital SLR but only 1 in 50 pics captures what I want it to. Maybe I need to go take a photography class :dunno:. I really like the sunset pictures and the pirate made me laugh.

TT

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Beautiful pics makes me want to be there now :love:. I have a pretty good digital SLR but only 1 in 50 pics captures what I want it to. Maybe I need to go take a photography class :dunno:. I really like the sunset pictures and the pirate made me laugh.

TT

Take lots and lots of pictures and stay away from the fully automatic settings. On this setting, the camera will adjust itself to always get the best exposure for the light, but many times it is at the expense of depth, color richness, or will have digital "noise".

Play with shutter and exposure settings to see what they do.
The other thing you can play with is the ISO setting. The lower the setting the richer and more clear your pictures will be, however; the camera will be less sensitive to light so you may have to get used to using a tripod in low light situations. The higher the ISO the more sensitive it is to light, but the pictures will get noisy the lower the light gets as the camera compensates.

The rule of thumb is play. That's the beauty of digital cameras. It doesn't cost you anything to throw away bad shots!

Take lots and lots of pictures and stay away from the fully automatic settings. On this setting, the camera will adjust itself to always get the best exposure for the light, but many times it is at the expense of depth, color richness, or will have digital "noise".

Play with shutter and exposure settings to see what they do.
The other thing you can play with is the ISO setting. The lower the setting the richer and more clear your pictures will be, however; the camera will be less sensitive to light so you may have to get used to using a tripod in low light situations. The higher the ISO the more sensitive it is to light, but the pictures will get noisy the lower the light gets as the camera comensates.

The rule of thumb is play. That's the beauty of digital cameras. It doesn't cost you anything to throw away bad shots!

Thanks for the advice. I think i'll play around some this weekend.