• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

30abob

Beach Lover
Aug 8, 2007
Blue Mountain Beach
I would be impressed and thankful if some nice trees were being spared to shade and enhance the new school.

I looked at the plans when the project was advertised for bid... the landscaping drawing called for lots of trees to be planted. Of course it will be years before they mature enough to provide any meaningful shade.

The trees are one of my favorite features at Bay Elementary where my son is in the 2nd grade. It's a shame that there weren't any mature trees that were "deemed" to be worthy of sparing at the new middle school site.

DuneLaker

Beach Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Eastern Lake Est., SoWal, FL
Ditto on sparing some of the trees. With new plantings there won't be much needful shade to talk of for many years. Oaks and palmettos have such old, tough root systems. Too bad more can't be left to provide a more stable land base and abate erosion during storms. Were there not any magnolia trees worth saving? Native landscaping and little to no irrigation would save money in the long run. It will be great to have the school. South Walton is growing and children are certainly filling up the schools.

Goddessgal

Beach Lover
Mar 28, 2007
Florida!
New ECMS update?

HI --- Did anyone here take the open house tour of ECMS? If so, was there in fact an art studio, or space for art classes? I did a forum/thread search but did not find anything.

Thanks!

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
HI --- Did anyone here take the open house tour of ECMS? If so, was there in fact an art studio, or space for art classes? I did a forum/thread search but did not find anything.

Thanks!

I would have taken then tour if I had known about it. How did you find out about it?

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I would have taken then tour if I had known about it. How did you find out about it?

I would have too. In fact, I was with a Butler teacher yesterday and we were saying we would like to see the school...when was the tour?

Goddessgal

Beach Lover
Mar 28, 2007
Florida!
It was in September. I would have also attended if I had known about it before. You can find a photo slide show by following this link:

The New ECMS

I saw an article online from the Walton Sun (I think), but can't seem to find it now. I then surfed over to the ECMS site.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
It was in September. I would have also attended if I had known about it before. You can find a photo slide show by following this link:

The New ECMS

I saw an article online from the Walton Sun (I think), but can't seem to find it now. I then surfed over to the ECMS site.

maybe it was not for the public yet?:dunno:

mdd88jd

Beach Lover
May 26, 2008
The tour in September was for the staff at ECMS. The building and grounds are coming along pretty fast. The contractor should have the building to us before school is out this year. That will leave us plenty of time to get moved into the building. I am sure we will have open house and tours before school starts next year. It is a beautiful building and yes it contains an art lab and room, band and chorus rooms. Butler will take over the existing building at the Butler campus. Hopefully we can then get rid of the portables at Butler.