• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Can someone PLEASE help with this? I am set to start work in a month on 30A and have had a most impossible time trying to find a decent, affordable, non-smoking place. People with signs up do not return phone calls, people rent out from under you even after emailing you without even warning you that someone else is interested, which I think is beyond dirty, and I am trying to find something from 500mi away. I have exhausted Craigslist, multiple realty companies, and several websites, to no avail.

All I need is a minimum 1 br, preferably pet friendly for when my parents visit with their 4lb dog, smoke-free, and preferably with utilities included, along 30A.

Please please please help!

PS- Sorry, but I am NOT looking for a roommate situation.

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Hard time finding rental

Can someone PLEASE help with this? I am set to start work in a month on 30A and have had a most impossible time trying to find a decent, affordable, non-smoking place. People with signs up do not return phone calls, people rent out from under you even after emailing you without even warning you that someone else is interested, which I think is beyond dirty, and I am trying to find something from 500mi away. I have exhausted Craigslist, multiple realty companies, and several websites, to no avail.

All I need is a minimum 1 br, preferably pet friendly for when my parents visit with their 4lb dog, smoke-free, and preferably with utilities included, along 30A.

Please please please help!

PS- Sorry, but I am NOT looking for a roommate situation.

Hi Linz. I know you do not want a roomate situation and I am not going to offer you one but may have another aleternative for you. I know when I had to be down here by April of last year I could not find a rental and was here for 2 weeks looking. I went home exhausted and dissapointed. After that I felt defeated and refused to believe there was nothing here to rent. I got on the phone with VRBO.com (Vacation Rental By Owners) to see if anyone without many booking for the summer would be interested in renting long term. Of course none were, but the second man I spoke to knew of this house I now live in and would be ready for April. It was amazing how I landed where I did and where I wanted to be.

I wanted to offer you the opportunity to come down here and stay with me until you find a place. We can prorate the rent on a daily basis until you find a rental Perhaps I can even help you with that. I am semi reitred with too much time on my hands. I have 3 bdrms, 1 1/2 baths, a 6 lb dog and 3 cats. The dog you would love and the cats also and pretty much keep to themselves and sleep all day. You can stay a week or 2 weeks, whatever it takes for you to find a place. I am in Blue Mountain Beach 2nd house off of 30A. It is nothing special on the outside but very charming on the inside. I am not sure I want a long term roomate either so this may work well for both of us. I can find out how I like living with someone and you can have somewhere to stay until you find a place. I know how discouraged and upset when I went through what you are going through so if you would like to call and talk about it you can call me at 850-622-3352 or 504-23-5358. If your parents want to come down in that time frame that is fine also. My dog LOVES dogs his size and is very afraid of the big ones. Just thought I would offer if you still cannot find a place. I wish you the best.

Cheapet4

Beach Lover
Apr 3, 2009
Santa Rosa Beach,Florida
Hi,
I went thought the same thing when we were moving down here...then we meet Alex he helped us out an still does give him a call @ 850 543 5641(he does leasing, sells homes) an also look at C21beachreality they have some good leads too!!
Good luck to ya!!

heartbren

Beach Fanatic
Sep 6, 2009
Blue Mountain Beach
Rental

That is great! I know how stressed out I was when I was trying to find a place and had no one to help me since I knew no one that lived here. I wish you the best. You'll love it here.