• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ryan c

Beach Comber
Aug 11, 2009
I'm in the hunt for a dresser. My wife and I like the reclaimed wood look but cant find it anywhere around for less that 2,000 dollars. I, being a poorly teacher, cannot afford such luxuries, but would like to know if I'm just looking in the wrong places. I've searched all the usual consignment and furniture places around, but I thought you experts might have a suggestion of where to look. HELP PLEASE!

Thanks,
Ryan

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
No idea - I have also been looking for a decent wood dresser.

Better luck so far at garage sales (size and appearance weren't quite it) than consignment stores (few and $$).

Haven't seen one made of reclaimed wood though.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
Have you tried the consignment shop in the shopping center next to the post office on hwy 98 (can't remember the name)? They have nice pieces and lower their prices on a regular basis.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Yep, I did.

Only area consignment, charity, and retail stores I haven't checked yet are Smith's and Bienvenue.

Though I must say, Clement's sure made the other places look not so expensive! :D

Planning a trip to Defuniak for Chataqua, so will check up there and keep hitting the garage sales.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Yep, I did.

Only area consignment, charity, and retail stores I haven't checked yet are Smith's and Bienvenue.

Though I must say, Clement's sure made the other places look not so expensive! :D

Planning a trip to Defuniak for Chataqua, so will check up there and keep hitting the garage sales.

Oh yeah... there's a cool (at least used to be) 'antique' place on the right/east side of 331 not too very far south of I-10...
the same place that, years ago, was located closer to Freeport.