• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
On Jan 25, the Walton Co Board of County Commissioners will consider signing a letter of support for the Howard Group to develop a theater at Grand Blvd. All I can say is that I hate having to drive to Pier Park or Destin Commons to see a movie. I hope this is received with open arms. Just think how much tax revenue the county could make from the popcorn and coke sales at that theater.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
On Jan 25, the Walton Co Board of County Commissioners will consider signing a letter of support for the Howard Group to develop a theater at Grand Blvd. All I can say is that I hate having to drive to Pier Park or Destin Commons to see a movie. I hope this is received with open arms. Just think how much tax revenue the county could make from the popcorn and coke sales at that theater.

Oh, I hope happens--I, too, hate the drive--and we were supposed to have a movie theater at Grand Blvd. Wouldn't it be nice if it would show some independent films too. It could happen..:clap:

Should we all let the CCs know we support the theater?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I think a movie theatre would be great - especially if it doesn't get overrun by teenagers like the one at Destin Commons. ;-)

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach
I think a movie theatre would be great - especially if it doesn't get overrun by teenagers like the one at Destin Commons. ;-)

A theater between Sandestin and Mack Bayou would never be overrun by teenagers. ;-)

AlphaCrab

Beach Fanatic
Sep 25, 2008
Inlet Beach

:clap:

This will help the retailing in that area as well. Retail sales there are definitely not up to par, and haven't been since Grand Blvd. opened.

This is a perfect draw to help the retailers there--the restaurants, on the other hand, seem do fairly well.

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
They might stay away if we installed a cell phone jammer and showed more artsy/adult movies.

I don't mind all the teenagers. To me, it's just part of the movie-going experience...

I mean, movies have always been a popular outing for "kids" of all ages, and that's part of the magic to me, is that this one film is bringing together all different kinds/ages of people in laughter or tears or screams or gasps... Ok, yes. I'm a nerd. I've come to terms with it... :blush:

I would love, love, love(!) to have another theater, closer by than Pier Park (I don't often go into Destin, it's not one of my favorite places, but I love Panama City Beach...)

I've often wondered when this would happen. IIRC, a theater was in the original plans for the Boulevard... C'mon Commissioners, let's make it happen! :wave:

Last edited:

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I don't mind seeing movies with people of all ages*, I mind that I have trouble watching the movie because of the constant parade of teenagers walking in and out, glowing and vibrating cell phones, etc.

*Actually love to see movies with lots of little kids because of how they magnify the emotional content.