• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
I was going to qualify that - then decided we needed more tangents and fun. :D

No - just more of a focus on Oscar contenders and critically acclaimed films - as opposed to multiple screens showing Superman 17 - Return of the Transformers in 3-D.

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Last edited:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
miss critter, it is interesting that you ask about an "adult" theater. I believe that was the original talk for this theater. "Adult" not referring to the types of movies, but that they would sell wine by the glass and you had to be over 18 or 21 (cannot recall) to enter. Personally, I think they would make more profit by selling popcorn and cokes.

As for the kids, they never bother me. It is usually an adult who has to answer the ringing phone and talk, but I don't want to block all adults from watching movies. It comes down to the rude people whom I want to block.

pattymcbob

Beach Lover
Dec 3, 2008
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the reason why there's not an air popped popcorn option at movies? I actually stay away because I won't buy the artery clogging one, but I feel cheated. Many times I just wait for the DVD.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Am I the only one who doesn't understand the reason why there's not an air popped popcorn option at movies? I actually stay away because I won't buy the artery clogging one, but I feel cheated. Many times I just wait for the DVD.

Unless the film promises amazing panoramics that just can't translate to TV, I'm nearly always happy to just wait for the DVD. For me it has everything to do w/ enjoying a good flick amidst all the comforts of home... recliner chairs & couches, adult beverages, and "personal pause" control :D

However, a theater would surely be a great addition to Grand Blvd!

Miss Critter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 8, 2008
My perfect beach

Or you could just borrow my "big purse." ;-)

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Or you could just borrow my "big purse." ;-)

MC You (and your avatar) always crack me up!
What other contraband you packin' in that "big purse"??? Got a handy spare satellite dish in there by chance?

kitlit

Beach Fanatic
Dec 11, 2007
Seagrove Beach
MC You (and your avatar) always crack me up!
What other contraband you packin' in that "big purse"???

Well, we know she's got a Box O' Wine and a bottle of champagne in there, but we're saving those for next Sunday... :rotfl:

I heart you, MC. :love::wave:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
Well, we know she's got a Box O' Wine and a bottle of champagne in there, but we're saving those for next Sunday... :rotfl:

I heart you, MC. :love::wave:

and maybe a little something else .....:clap: