• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

swar

Beach Crab
Sep 2, 2006
I haven't posted to this site since planning our Grayton Wedding in 2002 but I always check in for info before our vacations. Now we are planning a family trip with four adults and four children 8 and under and trying to decide between homes in Summers Edge and Old Florida Cottages. We need space to spread out but don't want to be too far from the beach. I like that both seem to be family friendly neighborhoods. The property we are looking at in Summer's Edge is at the very north end of N. Ryan, the homes closer to the beach are out of our price range. I guess I am trying to get an idea of how far the homes in Old Florida Cottages are from the beach. Also, is this development walking distance to Gulf Place? Any advice is much appreciated!

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
We have stayed at Old Florida Cottages and were very pleased with the location. Several of them have gulf views and I'd say most would be less than a 5 minute walk to beach. We walked to Gulf Place several times by way of beach and along 30-A too.
The beach access has restrooms and a few parking spots.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
I haven't posted to this site since planning our Grayton Wedding in 2002 but I always check in for info before our vacations. Now we are planning a family trip with four adults and four children 8 and under and trying to decide between homes in Summers Edge and Old Florida Cottages. We need space to spread out but don't want to be too far from the beach. I like that both seem to be family friendly neighborhoods. The property we are looking at in Summer's Edge is at the very north end of N. Ryan, the homes closer to the beach are out of our price range. I guess I am trying to get an idea of how far the homes in Old Florida Cottages are from the beach. Also, is this development walking distance to Gulf Place? Any advice is much appreciated!

probably about equal distances to the beach, you should be able to google map it. remember to just use VRBO.com and email or call the owner with an offer, you never know what reasonable discount might be accepted. old florida cottages probably is walking distance to gulf place, but does gulf place compare to all that seaside/seagrove have to offer? have fun whatever you decide. consider staying at homes near Summer's Edge that aren't technically part of Summer's Edge, that's what I'd do.

TreeFrog

Beach Fanatic
Oct 11, 2005
Seagrove
Check out Lemon Drop house on Brown St. Across Eastern Lake Rd. from Chelsea Loop. It has its own pool and uses the same Ramsgate walkover as Summers Edge.

I vote for Summer's Edge. My nephews love it (sister owns a home there) . Even N. Ryan isn't far from the beach (and no need to cross 30A). Kids love the outflow from Eastern Lake. It's about a two-mile bike ride to Seaside for all of the activities there with no parking problems since you're on a bike. It's about 1/2 mile to Flip-Flops, Seagrove Coyote, and La Botana.

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005

Send me a pm concerning deals at Summer's Edge

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
swar, my emails to the address you provided, keep bouncing back

swar

Beach Crab
Sep 2, 2006
Thanks for the input- we booked a home in Summer's Edge for Spring Break, Seagrove really is our favorite spot out of all of 30A. We are looking forward to our trip! Here's hoping for good, warm weather!

pk305

Beach Fanatic
Apr 11, 2005
Nashville & Seagrove
Good choice!!

You made a good choice to book in Summer's Edge!!:clap:

As a SE homeowner, we think it's great :love:

Hope you all have a wonderful week and great weather....sounds sooo good right now!