• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachSiO2

Beach Fanatic
Jun 16, 2006
Don't have a lot to add except I saw JB a few years after Buz and still should not post what I saw.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I saw him in Tallahasse maybe ten or fifteen years ago. It was about two days after he had broken his foot. He was in a cast, but jolly as ever, and he was able to incorporate words about his broken foot into a couple of the songs. He just keeps going.

DD

SoWal Expert
Aug 29, 2005
grapevine, tx. /On the road to SoWal
Luv me some JB. Hate that he fell. Bummer.

jensieblue

Beach Fanatic
Jun 2, 2005
on a lake in the woods
saw Jimmy at U of Alabama in early '70's. It was a night of pouring rain, packed amall auditorium. His family was in the crowd, up from Mobile. We could hear the thunder, rain and lightening outside. Jimmy kept playing until the rain quit. He was and is fabulous. Such a wonderful night...

iwishiwasthere

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Tennessee
I hope he has no lingering side effects.

The first time I saw him I was 13 and had front row seats. Fingers Taylor wore a shirt that said," Rock and Roll sucks".... way before the word was used. I was so shocked!!

My favorite concert was a benefit for a music school in Nashville where he played at TPAC, the local theater. It was Buffet, Mac McAnally and one other guy playing their guitars. No hoopla and fanfare just music and songs. It was fantastic!

Last edited:
We literally SAW him the first time in the late 70s in his tour bus parked across from Jackson Square next to Cafe du Monde. The driver let us amd our friends peek into the tour bus. After we left, we said, "Who is Jimmy Buffet?" (we pronounced it as in the term for a serve-yourself meal). :lol: We'd never heard of him, so we didn't know which person in the bus was Jimmy. :dunno:

Was the fall due to too much Margaritaville? Hope he's okay.

Jesus

Beach Lover
The way I heard it, there's a woman to blame. At least that's what some people claim.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Jazz Fest (NOLA) around 1996. People were camped out in front of his stage for at least six hours before he was to go on stage. When he began, everyone quickly gave up their cozy picnic blankets and lawn chairs only to have the trampled upon by about 30,000 fans. Made my way to the front and had a great time.