• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

brandy at castaway

Beach Comber
Sep 20, 2010
I like Seamist # 8 , I currently live there but my lease is up March 1st. It is gulf front, Nicely decorated, and has awesome gulf views!!!

cheesehead

Beach Lover
Jul 28, 2008
30a
I stayed in Seamist, in "02 and "03. The unit I was in was "old" and outdated. And, no pool if the water is not looking good.

jm964cab

Beach Comber
Dec 22, 2005
Hi, I am always a little leery of pushing my own unit, but I'll try to be very objective. For two people I really believe The Palms is unbeatable. Since you are already familiar with those units, I'll just say that we go down every year and always do something to maintain our unit to keep it clean and updated. You can't replace furniture every year or carpet, but we constantly have it cleaned. Our unit is managed through Garrett Realty right across the street and they do regular inspections, therefore the standards of the unit must be maintained. Of course everybody's opinion is different, but I believe that you would find our Palms Unit A-11 very clean and well kept. Of course it is Gulf Front and The Palms are a real bargain. If anything our unit looks better than the pictures. We just replaced the blinds with new curtains to the balcony, which was a big plus. Those blinds never worked very well. We are constantly painting and upgrading. Just my two cents for what it's worth. Thanks for listening.

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
Hubby and I are looking for a summer rental, maybe for July 4th week but probably for the last week of July and first week of August. We need at least a one bedroom but can go larger and require an in unit washer and dryer, pool is preferred and we like to keep it affordable since we spend most of our time on the beach or out and about. We're looking for Seagrove or West of Seagrove along 30A.

We've stayed at The Palms, Beachside Condo's, Cassine Station a couple of times, the neighborhood behind Angelina's in a house, the Bungalows and maybe another condo that I can't remember right now. We like to try different places.

If anyone has some favorites, please let me know about them and who they rent through.

Cassine Station has 2-bedroom units also.

blue chiffon

Beach Comber
Jun 28, 2010
just another thought on the palms at seagrove

thanks for the feedback, I love looking into rentals and thinking happy thoughts of summer vacation plans!!

John, I liked your unit so much that I bought one! We are updating everything from top to bottom and we are west end-gulf front. We are interviewing rental companies now and should make a decision in a week or two. In fact, we noticed that all three gulf front west end units have been updated to a really nice standard and that several other units at palms are being worked on this winter in order to be ready for the busy season. Can't beat the price, size of complex, 9 foot ceilings, two baths, onsite beach service, location, w/d, and of course the view! Looking forward to many happy returns.

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
Atlanta
thanks for the feedback, I love looking into rentals and thinking happy thoughts of summer vacation plans!!

Me too! I love planning the trip. I build little spreadsheets of properties, costs, location, pros, cons, rental company.... I send my hubbie links and pictures. He has tired on of this though, and now says "just pick what you want".

jm964cab

Beach Comber
Dec 22, 2005
Hi Blue Chiffon-That's awesome. We love the Palms and the great people that we meet every time we're there. Enjoy your condo! - John

Minnie

Beach Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
Memphis
I love the Gulf Place area. So close to the beach, many have great gulf views and love being able to walk to places to eat.

We have used VRBO and Resortquest to rent there.

rosemarydreamer

Beach Lover
May 25, 2009
Middle Tennessee
San Remo is a beautiful complex near Gulf Place. The grounds are georgous and very well maintained {love the pond}, a huge pool, and hot tub and a gym {if you are so inclined.} Oh, I love that place!