• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

ComputerWorks

Beach Lover
Dec 21, 2010
seaside
I'm asked on average ten times a month, "what internet/TV service do I recommend".
This week I switched from Dish and Century link to Mediacom, What a disaster!
First, they show up with USED, FILTHY, equipment!
Did you know bugs/roaches like to nest in electronics because of the heat (it's a fact). Well, one of the boxes had bugs in them. In the company's defense, the tech said, "they spray the equipment with Lysol before delivery". The other cable boxes were scratched and dirty as well as the modem for internet.
We called Mediacom and they said that is what they have, they can switch them out but not till next week.
In the meantime all my other services have been disassembled by the technician and he said he does not know how to reconnect it, including TV, internet and a high end surround sound system that should have never been disconnected from simply connecting a cable box from a dish satellite box!
Out of our 3 TV?s we opted to leave one setup with their service until next week. Before the tech was leaving asking us to sign and pay the bill I said, "what about the TV picture quality?", when are you connecting to cable? He replied, "It is", I said that's snow! He said well, that's a high definition flat screen TV, you are used to looking at high quality satellite from dish, that's how our cable looks. I did not even bother to comment. This was a picture from the 1960's on my parents Zenith with rabbit ears on UHF! I then proceeded to test my internet connection speed on my sticky filthy cable modem and it has speeds of a 14.4 dial up modem!
In the end, suffice it to say, "You get what you pay for", there was supposed to be a small savings by switching, which was my motivation but I will be switching back.
I know the company is huge, but they are destin for failure.
I guess my own business practices are so completely opposite of this experience, it probably bothers me more than the average person. If I get an order to deliver and set-up a computer system, it will be Brand New, it will not be less than expected in any way, and oh, I will not go in and out of your new immaculate house or office without wiping my feet!

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
STellaR Rant!!:clap:
Do you feel any better?

There's so little competition that shopping around is akin to ping-pong. My beloved trees block clear sight lines, so Dish not an option for me. But I still have TV choices: Media-con or No-TV!

ComputerWorks

Beach Lover
Dec 21, 2010
seaside
STellaR Rant!!:clap:
Do you feel any better?

There's so little competition that shopping around is akin to ping-pong. My beloved trees block clear sight lines, so Dish not an option for me. But I still have TV choices: Media-con or No-TV!

Media- CON, omg I LOVE IT! YOU MADE ME LAUGH! Now, I feel better, thanks for that!

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
I've been in an ongoing battle with Mediacom for the past few months. I keep dropping service and have to unplug all the cables from the modem and restart it. This has to be done many times a day. They send someone out that has no clue how to even follow a wire. He said the problem is probably in the bedroom where it comes in. The thing is, it ENDS at the bedroom connection. He wouldn't even disconnect it at the splitter to see my point. So it seems that I know more about cable than the Medicaom professionals. I'm trying to get them to give me a brand new modem but not much luck there. I'll probably just end up buying my own modem. My rant is finished.

I still don't feel better.

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
I've been in an ongoing battle with Mediacom for the past few months. I keep dropping service and have to unplug all the cables from the modem and restart it. This has to be done many times a day. They send someone out that has no clue how to even follow a wire. He said the problem is probably in the bedroom where it comes in. The thing is, it ENDS at the bedroom connection. He wouldn't even disconnect it at the splitter to see my point. So it seems that I know more about cable than the Medicaom professionals. I'm trying to get them to give me a brand new modem but not much luck there. I'll probably just end up buying my own modem. My rant is finished.

I still don't feel better.

MC is my only TV option... but I changed to centurylink for internet because I just HAD to DO something to feel like I had some shred of choice in my life. It's a little slower (I don't perceive that paying for faster speed actually GETS faster speed). So far there is less down time (almost every morning between 8-9:30 it drops signal for a couple minutes, but comes back up fairly quickly). None of that MC modem reset crapola that is "YOUR connection, not THEIR equipment".

It's made me feel better... temporarily:roll:

eyecandiphotography

Beach Comber
Feb 1, 2011
I had a terrible experience with Mediacom and now they lock you into a 2 year contract, so it is almost impossible to get out of it-unless you pay! Terrible customer service, awful cable & internet connections, horrible location (new & old) to go to an office for help & I won't even mention the equipment or tech...I wish I had another option. UGH!

KISH7374

Beach Fanatic
Jul 13, 2005
CLEVELAND,OHIO
It could be worse. We just switched to ATT U-verse and it seems to be doing great. We have the fiber optic cable. We could not switch phone for complete bundle since the security system is not compatable with fiber optic cable. We finally switched from TWC and one of the reasons was that when you called customer service and spoke with a live body, in your next bill you were charged $5.00 for speaking to a person. We kept having problems wth the picture locking up and we would call and be charged so we finally switched. The picture quality is wonderfu. I have a older 36 in Toshiba and it made a world of difference in picture clarity.

rdelong43065

Beach Fanatic
May 28, 2007
Seagrove
Well, I just signed up for Centurylink DSL. I'll have it next Wednesday. I'll tell y'all how it goes. Can't wait to cancel the Mediacrap service.