• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

NunYa

Beach Comber
Jun 3, 2010
Pick and choose your battles.
This is one you will loose. Period. Doesn't matter how many reports you post on here.
This one you will loose. I am not a huge fan of Wal-mart, rarely shop there anymore, if ever, don't care for it building where it is, but I cant do a damn thing about it so I'm spending my energy elsewhere.
Now I'm not telling you guys to shut up because that wouldn't be a proper response
not only is it rude it would just create more negative energy. I'm simply saying we live in a peaceful area. Lets keep it peaceful, and use our energy toward something positive.
I firmly believe approximately 60 to 75% of the population doesn't care for it and wont shop there, however, what about those coming into our area on vacation?
Do you think they are going to say "NO WE WONT GO"? I mean really.
Yes WE as a community can boycott it but WE are not what they are counting on.
Have a great day!!

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
This is one you will loose. Period. Doesn't matter how many reports you post on here.
This one you will loose. I am not a huge fan of Wal-mart, rarely shop there anymore, if ever, don't care for it building where it is, but I cant do a damn thing about it so I'm spending my energy elsewhere.
Now I'm not telling you guys to shut up because that wouldn't be a proper response
not only is it rude it would just create more negative energy. I'm simply saying we live in a peaceful area. Lets keep it peaceful, and use our energy toward something positive.
I firmly believe approximately 60 to 75% of the population doesn't care for it and wont shop there, however, what about those coming into our area on vacation?
Have a great day!!

You make so much sense. I plan on shopping WAL-MART for items that no mom and pop around here sells-laundry detergent, paper towels, etc. Sure, you can occasionally score these items on sale at Publix, but the majority of time the friendly folks at Publix make a killing on sundries. I plan to continue to patronize our great local stores like Yellow Fin for fishing tackle and advice. I'll still be making the groceries at Publix. There is plenty of money to go around and I suspect most locals will spread it in a similar fashion. I just don't get the 'all or nothing' hysteria WAL-MART brings out in some folks. Have a great day!:wave:

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
I hear that! I just don't understand people who come down here and go to bad chain restaurants like Red Lobster and Bonefish grill where local seafood isn't even on the menu. Bleech!!

I SO hear that! I have an in-law like that; who will still opt for Red Lobster despite my printing out local favorite menus at various price ranges.
Like I'd REALLY poison ya:roll:?

Geesh... why bother traveling if you eschew the unique in favor of (yet again) experiencing that which you can get Anytown, USA?

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
Have a great day!!

Many people do not realize just how terrible shopping at Wal-mart is. It's my job to tell them.

Every dollar NOT spent at Wal-mart has incredibly positive results for our community.

Ignoring the issue has incredibly negative results for our community.

Battle picked - the consequences of this one are just too big to ignore.

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Many people do not realize just how terrible shopping at Wal-mart is. It's my job to tell them.

Every dollar NOT spent at Wal-mart has incredibly positive results for our community.

Ignoring the issue has incredibly negative results for our community.

Battle picked - the consequences of this one are just too big to ignore.

Go get 'em, Scooty Quixote!