• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
T

Tigger

Bark Park

FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]
It has some thing to do with Insurance problem's..
I went to the court house and that's what I was told...
I wish we could DO SOMETHING....
If you think of anything let me know.
Tigger:dunno:

luvbug

Beach Comber
Feb 2, 2011
Bark Park

Oh boy, I hope they work it out and reopen. It is the only place I know of around here to take your dog so it can run free for the people who obey the leash law!

Perhaps a petition would make a difference. Also, I know there were financial concerns, maybe that is why insurance was a problem.

I thought a donation box would have been a way to defray some of the expenses, but never knew who to suggest it to.

If any action is to reverse this closure, a leader will have to take charge. Any volunteers or suggestions?

I'll help any way I can.

John

luvbug

Beach Comber
Feb 2, 2011
Bark park

Perhaps a petition would make a difference. Also, I know there were financial concerns, maybe that is why insurance was a problem.

I thought a donation box would have been a way to defray some of the expenses, but never knew who to suggest it to.

If any action is to reverse this closure, a leader will have to take charge. Any volunteers or suggestions?

I'll help any way I can.

John

I think a donation box is a great idea. A petition sounds good, but if it is a money issue I am not sure it will make a difference unless we make donations (if money is the issue). I think everyone with a dog would be willing to donate something, don't you? Anyone out there good at dealing with issues like this? I will be happy to help you with it. :dunno:

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
I think a donation box is a great idea. A petition sounds good, but if it is a money issue I am not sure it will make a difference unless we make donations (if money is the issue). I think everyone with a dog would be willing to donate something, don't you? Anyone out there good at dealing with issues like this? I will be happy to help you with it. :dunno:

I'm not a dog owner or a user of the bark park... so I don't even know if you need a key or combination to gain access; but if the issue is insurance related, perhaps if user/members signed 'hold harmless' agreements... :dunno:

luvbug

Beach Comber
Feb 2, 2011
bark park

I'm not a dog owner or a user of the bark park... so I don't even know if you need a key or combination to gain access; but if the issue is insurance related, perhaps if user/members signed 'hold harmless' agreements... :dunno:

Another good idea. I'm all for it. I was wondering if someone got hurt or a dog and caused a problem with the insurance. Just speculation, but that is my thought. :clap:

hippiechick

Beach Fanatic
Oct 1, 2006
Seagrove Beach
Come On Somebody must know something

Someone out there knows why Bark Park is closed. Please tell us what is going on!!!! There are a lot of dog owners who use that park daily and would like an answer!

Anyone know who is in charge of the Bark Park? Is there a board of directors? Are they a 501c3?

If we knew where things stood, we could organize a solution to outstanding debts, etc or at least find out if it is feasible.

I believe the insurance issue was with the take-over (friendly) by Alaqua--to the best of my knowledge there have been no injuries or other concerns.

If you know who to see representing the Park, let us know and maybe something can be done. I hate to see this resource for dog lovers lost, especially after the work that went into setting it up.

John

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
The names on the site are:

Pat Carlyle: President
Robert McCullar: Treasurer
Lori Eckert
Richard Eckert
Tommy Brantley
Giselle Brantley

Looks like the info is dated, but I'm sure a call to one of them would yeild fruit of some sort...