• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
i have a medium sized box of books - hardback and paperback - that i would like to donate somewhere rather than throw out. tom clancy, robert ludlum, etc. any suggestions? does caring and sharing take books? free to a good home!! thanks in advance for info.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
If the books are in good condition (stored indoors, not in the home of a chainsmoker etc.) you can donate them to the library.

They will either use them as library books (they have a whole section of paperback "beach reads") or sell them at one of their used book sales.

sunshine

Beach Lover
May 1, 2005
south walton
Great place to donate books

I have been giving my used books to the library (media center) at South Walton High School. They are happy with anything they can get - the National Geographics get redistributed to classrooms, the novels get read, and believe it or not, the kids love cookbooks!

Diane

Beach Comber
May 11, 2009
Crystal Bay Senior Living Center has a small library and can always use a donation of books. I noticed when visiting my Mom that the same books are always on the shelves. The seniors there are so appreciative. Help them out - we'll all be old someday! Thanks.:love:

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
Crystal Bay Senior Living Center has a small library and can always use a donation of books. I noticed when visiting my Mom that the same books are always on the shelves. The seniors there are so appreciative. Help them out - we'll all be old someday! Thanks.:love:

where is this?

Diane

Beach Comber
May 11, 2009
Crystal Bay Sr. Living Center is an assisted living facility located on Sandestin Resort property (north side). If you go to the gate off of Highway 98 across from the Market Shops, the security guard will give you easy directions. If you have never been there, it is a wonderful facilty with the kindest and most patient people on earth working there. They also have a memory care unit for people with Alzheimer's. Many of the resident are not fortunate enough to have family close by, so the really welcome visitors. Having my Mom there for the past year and a half is teaching me some very valuable lessons about a forgotten generation of amazing people, most of whom are in their late 80's and 90's.

jpbhen

Beach Fanatic
Jul 10, 2005
Seagrove/Cincinnati
Crystal Bay Sr. Living Center is an assisted living facility located on Sandestin Resort property (north side). If you go to the gate off of Highway 98 across from the Market Shops, the security guard will give you easy directions. If you have never been there, it is a wonderful facilty with the kindest and most patient people on earth working there. They also have a memory care unit for people with Alzheimer's. Many of the resident are not fortunate enough to have family close by, so the really welcome visitors. Having my Mom there for the past year and a half is teaching me some very valuable lessons about a forgotten generation of amazing people, most of whom are in their late 80's and 90's.

thanks - the books will be delivered this weekend. my mom is 92 1/2, and is blessed to live in her own home. she has a little circle of widowed friends who do the same, and they have a pretty lively social calendar (revolving mostly around bridge and scotch!). she told me tonight that her hope is to be able to watch all of her new dvds (the complete duchess of duke street, forsythe saga, brideshead revisited, and - most important of all - upstairs downstairs) before she joins the choir invisible! ;-)