• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Does anyone know what that smell is? :sick:

rblessed1031

Beach Lover
Jul 14, 2008
Dune Allen
I don't think so Kurt. We smelled it at 7 am taking the dog out in the Dune Allen area. It seemed like the smell was stronger were the fog was thicker.

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I'm getting a little eau de paper mill smell at work today, and I'm a good 30 miles west of Watercolor. It's happened a few times this winter- just how the wind happens to blow, I guess.

And there's a real distinct difference between paper mill and controlled burn smells, at least according to my nose.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
I'm getting a little eau de paper mill smell at work today, and I'm a good 30 miles west of Watercolor. It's happened a few times this winter- just how the wind happens to blow, I guess.

And there's a real distinct difference between paper mill and controlled burn smells, at least according to my nose.

Yup, definitely that "Eau de Paper Mill".. Always seems worse when it is foggy, doesn't it?

NotDeadYet

Beach Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
Definitely the paper mill. When the wind is out of the east and the cool damp air pulls it downward it hangs around in the early morning until the air warms up. All gone now. I take it as a good sign - we don't get that smell when it is cold. Eau de spring!

DuneAHH

Beach Fanatic
Definitely the paper mill. When the wind is out of the east and the cool damp air pulls it downward it hangs around in the early morning until the air warms up. All gone now. I take it as a good sign - we don't get that smell when it is cold. Eau de spring!

What paper mill?
I thought those were all closed?